The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
It looks like Friday afternoon FEB 23 works the best, and we may have a host home in Scottsdale. Who's really in?
I plan to send out a group email to those who actually respond, so details like home address and phone numbers are not posted on the open forum.

Jim, I would say forget your RV park since we don't have much group consensus at this time. Alice and I can come visit you and The Blonde during the week and do some jamming, apart from any group gathering. We are staying with MIL at Royal Oaks Senior Center off 99th and Grand Ave in Sun City. There is also a nice public park nearby (Riverside park) but it is kinda close to the freeway, so a bit noisy for careful listening to the subtleties of carbon fiber guitars. It would be fine for social jamming and visitation though.
Sounds good to me!
Old 02-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Guest 928

Earl;

I like your effort here and it looks to me like you and others are in for a nice get-together. I can't make it, but my thoughts are with you.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:11 PM

I may be in if it's in Scottsdale, depending on the time. I've only got an x7 though, which is covered multiple times I think.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonA View Post
I may be in if it's in Scottsdale, depending on the time. I've only got an x7 though, which is covered multiple times I think.
Only? Love my X7, and look forward to seeing yours if it all works out. If we have more, we can go off in a corner and quietly make fun of the bigger guitars.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Jim

Kidding, of course. I won't make of anyone regardless of their choice of guitar, the material it is made from, or the size. We are carbon fiber players, welcoming and friendly. We won't make fun of you until after you leave.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:11 PM

Jason, don't worry about duplicate examples. Half of the point is to meet other forum carbonistas, and the other half is to see guitars we might not have direct experience with. C'mon down......

Schedule will depend on our host (details still pending) but I'm thinking mid-afternoon like 3-ish for a start time. If it carries on into the evening and dinner hour, so be it.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:46 PM

What we should do is have everyone with an X7 string it with different strings for an interesting comparison.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:00 PM
Charter Member

Please add me to the list Earl, I know I will learn something. Thanks !!
Old 02-08-2018, 04:28 PM

Snottsdale on a Friday afternoon... very doable I tell ya.... but then that city is about 30 miles long!
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-08-2018, 07:01 PM
Guest 928

I knew my nephew would come through. He did a great party when Alistair came through the US. He had people jumping off the balcony, into the pool and playing their CF guitars.

I want video of you folks having a good time.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:48 PM

Not in that house anymore... just a wee boring lil condo currently
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-09-2018, 09:40 AM

We are up to six now. It's looking like a party!
Old 02-10-2018, 11:36 AM

Tentative confirmation from a fellow carbonista AGF'er for hosting at his home in Scottsdale. Still working out the details. Friday FEB 23, most likely 3 pm until ?

For those that want to attend, send me an email and I will send out my cell phone number and the meet-up address as soon as things are finalized.

Earl
[email protected]
Old 02-13-2018, 11:29 AM

Update: Still working on a venue from afar. I have everyone's email that responded so far, which will be eight people including two spouses.

We leave for Arizona on Sunday morning FEB 18, and will then be away from the computer. One way or another I will send out the final invite details by Saturday afternoon.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:52 PM

Sent you an e-mail just in case.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 02-14-2018, 09:58 AM

Got the emails. We are up to nine now, counting interested spouses. Still trying to confirm a location........ we might end up in a city park somewhere on the west side.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber