The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-16-2018, 06:26 PM
Guest 928

Default New Baylor!

A new Baylor showed up in the village yesterday--one week after shipping began.

My friend Joe ordered a quilted woody--it is just beautiful. Joe plays with a variety of bands from blue grass to rock. He's loving this guitar.

Yesterday he played with his rock friends. He says that when he plugged in he was astounded!! He is also muy impressed with how the guitar seats itself with the player.

He brought it to the park today, to show off. The Baylor is a piece of art and a fine musical instrument.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
A new Baylor showed up in the village yesterday--one week after shipping began.

My friend Joe ordered a quilted woody--it is just beautiful. Joe plays with a variety of bands from blue grass to rock. He's loving this guitar.

Yesterday he played with his rock friends. He says that when he plugged in he was astounded!! He is also muy impressed with how the guitar seats itself with the player.

He brought it to the park today, to show off. The Baylor is a piece of art and a fine musical instrument.

Cool, the saga continues or something sorta like that.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 06-16-2018, 07:16 PM
Charter Member

If we had a "like" button, I'd be liking this thread. That Balor is an impressive acoustic/electric bass.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:09 PM

Evan, please exert your charm on your friend Joe and have him join up here. Make sure he knows that we are in dire need of pics and a review.

And since you are a man of letters, please note that "Baylor" is a university, while "Balor" (per Wikipedia)… "In Irish mythology, Balor (modern spelling: Balar) was king of the Fomorians, a group of supernatural beings." The article goes on to describe some of Balor's less sociable personality traits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balor

Old 06-19-2018, 02:48 PM
Guest 928

Ouch! Normally it's my wife who keeps me humble. She doesn't really need any help, but thanks for giving a hand. I need all the help I can get.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:31 PM
Guest 928

That was my civilized, polite, mannerly response: Don't like to hurt any feelings. But after some though, and a little smoke and drink, I've decided to go for transparency.

The truth is that the Irish, like the Brits, are still speaking Old English. I happen to speak American English, the real English, the global language. I don't care what they say, Alistair made a Baylor. It's a way smart instrument and deserves it's university comparison.

PS I talked with Joe and he's never heard of you folks--he goes straight to the Emerald source for his info. Don't hold your breath for audio or visual.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber