The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-21-2024, 12:51 PM

If you sign up on https://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/ you'll have access to a lot of downloadable music as well as classical lessons. There is a minimum number of posts to access the sheet music and lessons, but well worth it if you have any interest in classical guitar. Plus, lots of knowledge available from the members.
FWIW, I have a Cordoba GK Negra Pro, and if your C9 is of the same quality, it should be a good choice.
Guild F212: 1964 (Hoboken), Guild Mark V: 1975 (Westerly), Guild Artist Award: 1975 (Westerly), Guild F50: 1976 (Westerly), Guild F512: 2010 (New Hartford), Pawless Mesquite Special: 2012, 90s Epi HR Custom (Samick), 2014 Guild OOO 12-fret Orpheum (New Hartford), 2013 12 fret Orpheum Dread (New Hartford), Guild BT258E, 8 string baritone, 1994 Guild D55, Westerly, 2023 Cordoba GK Negra Pro.
Old 03-21-2024, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad4d8 View Post
If you sign up on https://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/ you'll have access to a lot of downloadable music as well as classical lessons. There is a minimum number of posts to access the sheet music and lessons, but well worth it if you have any interest in classical guitar. Plus, lots of knowledge available from the members.
FWIW, I have a Cordoba GK Negra Pro, and if your C9 is of the same quality, it should be a good choice.
Thanks, have signed up at Delcamp already. Looks like a great resource.

The C9 is near the top of Cordoba's stable of entry traditional classical guitars. My particular one sounds and looks really good, so I am pretty happy with the choice so far.

Thank you!

Mark

Last edited by markwallace1966; 03-21-2024 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2024, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
I'll be doing a wedding gig in May at a local church that has a TON of natural reverb...so playing with a similar sound at home and learning to control things that might be an issue in that big church is a cool benefit.
Let me know if that worked!

One thing that simulated reverb may not take into account (or may not be able to render adequately) is the fact that difference frequencies don't travel the same way. With ensemble music that can lead to an impression that the players are not in sync when you're listening from far enough back, and parts may get lost. This may not be too much of an issue if you're playing through one of those church PA systems that have speakers all throughout the place, but be prepared to play more slowly than you normally would

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 03-22-2024, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad4d8 View Post
access to a lot of downloadable music as well as classical lessons.
The latter is no longer true, only the archives are still online.

And be careful not to ask if someone would be willing to give you IRL lessons; I got kicked off for that by the owner (who claims himself to be a teacher...).

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Old 03-22-2024, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJVB View Post
Let me know if that worked!

One thing that simulated reverb may not take into account (or may not be able to render adequately) is the fact that difference frequencies don't travel the same way. With ensemble music that can lead to an impression that the players are not in sync when you're listening from far enough back, and parts may get lost. This may not be too much of an issue if you're playing through one of those church PA systems that have speakers all throughout the place, but be prepared to play more slowly than you normally would
It's going to be solo guitar, so the biggest thing is slowing down and understanding when I might need to damp strings so that notes don't bleed together in an unattractive way.

I think it's helping...but I'll let you know for sure! Should be a fun gig, about 20 minutes of actual playing, and the church is walking distance from my house!

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 03-22-2024, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
the church is walking distance from my house!
In that case you could probably go there to get a better idea how you'll be heard by people a bit further away (and how hard you'll have to work/amplify in order to be heard)?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical