The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

View Poll Results: How many 00 guitars do you own?
0 71 29.34%
1 96 39.67%
More than 1 75 30.99%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2020, 08:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markd View Post
Another CEO-7 fan here. Favorite to sit on the porch and play (w a mask of course). With a K&K the guitar is boomy when amplified.
I should have never sold you this guitar! Message me if you ever want to sell it back.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:53 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

I own a Wingert 00 that I bought used back in 2003. Wonderful instrument and a dream to play. It is cedar/EIR so more of a fingerpicking delight and light strummer (under my fingers anyway) than something like an L-00 which is a different animal altogether.

Speaking of Larrivee 00s, I played 3 of them back in late 2003 or early '04 when I was exploring smaller guitars and I wish I had had the money to buy all three. They were exceptional. One was spruce/EIR, one cedar/walnut and the third was spruce/mahogany. I think that they were in the $1,200 range in terms of price. I went back a few months later when I had some extra cash and they had all sold. I inquired about whether or not they were going to get more in and was told that the model was now unavailable.

No regrets, since I love my Wingert 00 but they were truly fine guitars for the price and the size. That spoiled me for Larrivee as I played quite a variety in the years after and none of them ever lived up to the sound of those 00s!

Best,
Jayne
Old 09-09-2020, 09:17 AM

I voted zero, but I do have a OO-12 fret on order from John Greven. It will be in Brazilian and Lutz with a cutaway, flamed koa binding. Can't wait!

Bill

2002 Taylor GA 12-string custom: sitka/mahogany
2013 Greven OOO: Lutz/Brazilian
2021 Greven OO-12 fret: Lutz/Brazilian
2017 Rainsong Al Petteway Ltd. OOO: carbon fiber
2017 Birdsong Especial II Bass: Cypress/Rosewood

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion