The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-05-2024, 11:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catndahats View Post
Similarly mostly great experiences on Reverb...really only one/two dud experiences that were probably misrepresented. You bring up some points that I have learned through experience that can make/ break a long distance purchase:

* Seller feedback and description: I often wonder "why" an independent seller wants to move a guitar shortly after purchase. Cliff Notes version: I'm inclined not to support a flipper since their short term ownership does not automatically increase a guitars value. Learned this over a period of years when searching for a particular boutique model.

Agreed! There was a certain used Lowden listed recently for about 2K over what the previous independent seller listed it at last year. It was easy to tell it was the same guitar via checking sales history on the model. Maybe it was underpriced originally but it’s nice that Reverb offers buyers ways to tell if this is happening, you just have to dig a bit, but the information is there.
Old 04-05-2024, 01:25 PM
Charter Member

My Reverb shopping checklist is to watch listing from shops in town that I trust. When they see that I’m watching a guitar, they shoot me a price that is less than their listed price. If I like it, I drive over there and buy it from them direct and save them the hit from Reverb.
Old 04-05-2024, 03:13 PM

Reputable seller (i.e. not an individual) and takes returns.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion