The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-12-2024, 05:42 PM

Default Modular line array

Albeit not as convenient as an all-in-one "stick" system, after the recent sale of my Yamaha Stagepas 1k :,( I revived my Kustom (Powerwerks) 12" sub + speaker pole + Turbosound ip300 + Yamaha MG10XU mixer. The combo is great!!! The ip300 gives 180° coverage and is LOUD. I've run it over a Harbinger 18" sub before and they were a good match. But for portability and a small footprint, the aforementioned "stick system" sounds pretty good for what it is, especially considering the total cost is less than that of my Stagepas 1K or an EV30M. I'll still probably buy a 30M eventually, or a Bose Pro 8, but for now the piece meal system will have to do.

FYI setup time may not be 1 minute, but it's not THAT bad. And with everything being analog, I can make adjustments very quickly without deep menu dives on a teeny tiny LCD screen or an app that takes a few minutes to sync with the device.
Old 03-13-2024, 06:25 AM
Charter Member

Interesting and congrats on the MacGyver system. I'm not familiar with the Turbosound, but the 180 deg coverage comment led me to look it up on Sweetwater. I never understood why other companies didn't make full coverage systems like the Bose line, but someone recently posted somewhere that Bose surprisingly was able to patent articulated drivers. But I see the Turbosound has them too.

My 30m's 120 deg. coverage is about the only thing that makes me miss my Bose L1M2.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification