The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-09-2007, 11:20 AM

CA X is my main acoustic guitar after I bought it about a year ago. These are awesome guitars. I took it camping with me last week with no hesitation. That little guitar just booms. My dream guitar would be a doubleneck CA based on the X, but I guess they need to get that 12 string flying first.
Steve
Old 09-09-2007, 11:30 AM

I stil want to know when your travel-sized CA is going to be available!

I'd like to get one, and I've got a friend who's looking for a travel guitar (he's just starting out), and I've told him to wait! I'd like to be able to tel him how LONG to wait.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:11 PM
some guy from NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisS View Post
Thanks! I joined this forum because you guys obviously know acoustic guitars, and almost all of the posts deal with wooden guitars.

I want people to know they have choice - there is a great acoustic guitar that is not wood.

I know and understand that wood is part of the fabric of the acoustic guitar culture - and that there are many, many incredible wooden guitars made from all kinds of beautiful woods. And that is not going to change.

However, this forum, and every other acoustic guitar forum is filled with posts about the problems with wood, primarily related to the effects of moisture and the tendancy for wood to move over time.

We make a great acoustic guitar, period. It just so happens it is not made of wood, and it is not affected by humidity, and won't change over time.

We compliment the wood guitar market - while many people choose our guitars instead of wood because of the advantages, many others choose our guitars as a compliment to their wooden guitars - because our guitars offer something wooden guitars don't.

I don't expect to change anybody's mind in this forum - I just want to make people aware of options they may not have considered and provide information about our products - ultimately, the choice of your next guitar is yours and yours alone.
Why is there no OM or 000 style without a cutaway? Any plans?
Old 09-09-2007, 05:49 PM

And... any plans to build a CA nylon strings ? Thanks.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:03 PM

Welcome to CA! I've not had the pleasure of playing one of their products but have played a few Rainsong guitars. I like the Rainsongs very much and if I traveled/gigged , would almost certainly own a CF built guitar.

Nice to have another sponsor here at AGF and one that does indeed bring a unique aspect of the guitar world with it.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:03 PM

Default The Woderful CA's

It's been a while since I've last posted on AGF, but cannot resist chimming in on this discussion of the CA guitars. I'm excited to see that Ellis and the crew at CA have chosen to become sponsors of this site - they obviously know there stuff when it comes to making great playing and sounding acoustic guitars.

I own a small guitar store in Farmville, VA, (smack dab in the middle of Bluegrass country) and deal with Blueridge, Takamine, Dean, Augustino Loprinzi, and various top end used guitars like Martin, Santa Cruze, Taylor, and the very best vintage instruments I can get my hands on. Needless to say, when one of my favorite guitar reps suggested that I needed to try out one of these carbon fiber guitars, with out one sliver of wood in them, I thought maybe he had slipped a cog or something. When he first took it out of the case I was struck by it's simplistic beauty, then he put it in my hands and it was all over. I fell madly in love with it even before playing the first chord. These things are THAT good. My favorite guitar rep was not allowed to leave my store that day without me becoming part of the CA family.

Everyone who has played a CA in my store has been blown away by their beauty, playability, and tone. There have been a few "hard core" Martin guys who have refused the opportunity to pick one up, but I believe the day will come when they will no longer be able to resist. You can only resist beauty for so long.

garyg
Old 09-10-2007, 04:13 AM

Hi Ellis,

Any plans or discussions around producing an archtop?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber