The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-02-2016, 09:57 PM

Question Seagull Natural Elements Walnut?

Hey all, I'm a big fan of Seagulls and I've been looking into the midrange ones for a slightly brighter/overtone rich guitar to compliment my mahogany top GA. I'm pretty open to Cedar or Spruce tops though a bit leaned toward the latter. I really dig the cherry bodywood but also like their Rosewood ones as well. Walnut in particular is intriguing to me.

Really looking for a fingerstyle friendly guitar with a cutaway & electronics. Love most of the Seagull line, particularly the tone/feel of the S6 but am attracted to the shapes & added features of the Natural Elements series. However I really can't find much info on them. Have yet to see a single one in any guitar shop I've been in (Los Angeles) and videos of them are sparse. Now after recently hearing that they also have a Walnut back and sides NE (via the Seagull specs sheet and a few comments in forums) I'd really love to see it in action. I love the tone of the Walnut excursion, but I can't seem to find any info at all on this NE Walnut. Does anyone have any experience with it? Possibly a video to hear it's tone or a place to buy them? Even a picture?? ;]

Weird how NE seems like a great mid-range option from them yet the info/accessibility of them seems buried in mystery! Not sure if that's a good or bad thing...

Again, also a fan of Rosewood so if anyone has input on the Artist series I'd be happy to hear about it too! :]

Thanks in advance!
B

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
cutaway, fingerst, natural elements, seagull, walnut b&s