The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-20-2019, 08:31 AM

Default Córdoba C10 vs C10 Parlor

I’m in the fence between these two - I have played a C10 but not the c10 parlor.

I’m partial to smaller bodied guitars - just curious if anyone else has made this decision. I’m drawn to the parlor for this reason but want to make sure I’m not missing anything that should be considered. My current guitars are a Blackbird Lucky 13, Furch Little Jane, and Gibson Keb Mo got perspective on the sizing I’m used to.

I like the flat fretboard radius and wide nut so I’m not looking at the crossover.

This is my first full size classical purchase - I’m typically a steel string player.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 11-20-2019, 11:24 AM
Charter Member

I'm curious to the answers that you get. I've owned most Cordoba models, but never a C10 or C10 parlor. I did own a C12 and an F10 though. The parlor really has my interest, as I would imagine it would be a great couch/travel guitar. I've had a couple each of the Mini Is and Mini IIs, but think I would like the full-sized neck of the parlor with a more comfortable body.
Old 11-20-2019, 02:18 PM
Charter Member

I have owned a C 10 Cedar and a C10 Parlor in spruce. I prefer a smaller guitar and so for that reason favored the parlor. I gave it to my grandson who played it in Church this Sunday. Watching him I thought what a beautiful guitar!! I liked playing it as if it were a steel string 00. Which size wise it is. So for me easily the parlor. Perhaps a true classical player would prefer the larger C10.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:00 PM
Charter Member

I went small years ago and have not regretted it for an instant. I'm a little over 6 feet tall, so it wasn't due to my body size. I just feel far more comfortable and at ease with the smaller bodies. And I've never noticed any sacrifice at all in sound quality. As a steel string player, you may appreciate the shorter scale length of the parlor because the stretches are not as pronounced as on the larger-scale guitar. Let us know what you do!
Old 12-06-2019, 03:37 PM

I am in the same boat here. I prefer smaller bodies. My favorite two are Gibson Keb Mo and Martin 0-28VS. I recently got into Classical and tried out the full sized ones, they seem too big for me.
Last week, I got a Cordoba C5 Dolce (7/8 size, 630mm scale and 50mm nut width) and it felt wonderful under the fingers and to hold. I did not feel I gave up anything in terms of volume comparing to my other full sized Classical. I mainly play for myself so projection is not an issue with me. I plan to upgrade to a C10 Parlor in the near future.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbosuba View Post
I am in the same boat here. I prefer smaller bodies. My favorite two are Gibson Keb Mo and Martin 0-28VS. I recently got into Classical and tried out the full sized ones, they seem too big for me.
Last week, I got a Cordoba C5 Dolce (7/8 size, 630mm scale and 50mm nut width) and it felt wonderful under the fingers and to hold. I did not feel I gave up anything in terms of volume comparing to my other full sized Classical. I mainly play for myself so projection is not an issue with me. I plan to upgrade to a C10 Parlor in the near future.
Congrats on the purchase.

I ended up with a C10 Parlor (I got a great used deal) - I'm very pleased with it - it sounds great and the size feels right to me.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
Congrats on the purchase.

I ended up with a C10 Parlor (I got a great used deal) - I'm very pleased with it - it sounds great and the size feels right to me.
Wow congratulations to you!!! Did you get the spruce or cedar top?

I have a Cordoba C10 crossover spruce/rosewood, full size. I also have a Cordoba Cadet which is 3/4 size with cedar top and laminate back that is a joy to play and sounds quite good. So naturally I am curious about the in between 7/8 size parlour. I am thinking cedar and rosewood as I don’t have that combo.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
Wow congratulations to you!!! Did you get the spruce or cedar top?

I have a Cordoba C10 crossover spruce/rosewood, full size. I also have a Cordoba Cadet which is 3/4 size with cedar top and laminate back that is a joy to play and sounds quite good. So naturally I am curious about the in between 7/8 size parlour. I am thinking cedar and rosewood as I don’t have that combo.
I got the cedar - it’s a great instrument - I love the sound, very pleased with my purchase.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:42 AM

Do you have string spacing at saddle of cordoba c10 parlor
Old 07-22-2020, 07:41 PM

Smile

I'll just say this:
I have been playing a C10/cedar for about 7-8 years now..They are LOUD and they have DEEP bass... If this is something you'd want then I doubt the Parlor is the same this way..
But this is not a value judgement.. I've never heard a Parlor..The C10 is like 'bottom concert'..But I'm sure there have been concert performances on parlor type guitars...Just sayin'.......

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical