The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-04-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
Are you confident in the accuracy of your hygrometer. It has been my experience most inexpensive models are notoriously inaccurate.
This, and I wouldn't expect every hygrometer (yours, the Inkbird monitor, etc.) to all ready precisely the same. And if it's a few % off, it's not that crucial. You could try to test the unit's accuracy with one of those salt test kits, or try some other hygrometers to see which agree, but even if the Inkbird is a bit off you can still work with it.

Those plug-in units have a range (I think adjustable). I set mine to kick in when it reads 40% and then take it up to 45%. I don't constantly reset the calibration. If I thought the Inkbird was reading , say, 3% too low, I'd just adjust the range to 43-48%.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:58 PM

Default Humidifier advice

Greetings.

I remember when I was a sprout overhearing my grandfather ask my mother if I was thick. Mercifully, I didn’t hear the reply but I believe his query to be honestly asked as I cannot figure out the instructions for the IHC-200. Can one of you who has been successful give me a tutorial on how to do so? I received the thing today and nothing I try unlocks the secret. Anything you could do to help would have me forever grateful.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:06 PM

Greetings

I received an IHC-200 today and I cannot Make sense of the instructions. I would greatly appreciate if any of you could decipher them for me. Operating instruction 4, for example, might as well be in Chippewa. Any help at all would be gratefully received.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
Are you confident in the accuracy of your hygrometer. It has been my experience most inexpensive models are notoriously inaccurate.
I got it from StewMac. I think it’s pretty decent. Been checking the new controller more recently and it is working well now. It also occurred to me that having a more accurate on/off trigger will mean longer water tank and wick life, as the unit won’t be running when humidity is already at an acceptable level. Happy with it so far.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adirondacker View Post
I received an IHC-200 today and I cannot Make sense of the instructions. I would greatly appreciate if any of you could decipher them for me. Operating instruction 4, for example, might as well be in Chippewa. Any help at all would be gratefully received.
To make the humidification settings:
  1. Press and Hold "Set" key for 3 seconds (top display will read HS, this is the humidity set value)
  2. Press the Up/Down arrows until it reaches your desired humidity target
  3. Press the Set key again (top display will read HD, this is the humidity differential value, or the range you want it to drop before kicking in again)
  4. Press the Up/Down arrows to set the range, from 1 to 20 percent
  5. (Optional) Press the Set key 3 more times until the upper display reads AL (low humidity alarm). Use Up/Down arrows to set the humidity level for the alarm
  6. (Optional) Press Set once more until display reads CA, and you can use the arrow keys to add/subtract what humidity level is displayed, if you think the unit is a few percent high or low.
  7. When done at any point, PRESS AND HOLD SET KEY FOR 3 SECONDS to save the settings. The unit will go back to showing the current humidity at top, and the target humidity at bottom.

Note: if at any point you don't enter anything for 10 seconds, the unit will go back to normal operation without saving anything and you have to start over.

So, shorter version: Hold SET for 3 seconds to enter the settings mode, use the SET key to get to the setting you want to change and the arrow keys to adjust it, then hold SET for 3 seconds again to save.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:38 AM

Hail, Chipotle, your instructions worked perfectly, I cannot adequately express my gratitude other than to thank you. Always easy to say , bah, I would’ve eventually figured this out. Um, no, not I. Again, thank you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion