The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-16-2009, 09:24 AM

I'll add to the "gorgeous" chorus! Out of curiosity, what would this instrument's strength be in terms of playing? Fingerstyle? Flatpicking? I have only ever played one redwood topped guitar, and it was as is oft-said, a cross between the mellowness of cedar and punch of spruce. Would this be something that would fit into a bluegrass jam (needing some headroom) as easily as a solo, more gentle (sensitive?) approach? No matter what, Bruce and son sure know how to create a unique instrument...I fear if I ever owned one, all I'd do is stare at it.

1992 Taylor 855
2000 Deering Sierra

2009 Recording King RD-16SN ~ "utility"
2009 Martin HD-28
Old 10-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Charter Member

Thanks all for the words! Bruce and Matt are true masters as well as great people.... Well worth the wait!

Folkstrum, This guitar can be strummed on with respectable headroom, but as for how would it do in a bluegrass jam, I'm sure fine, but I'd sure get some goofy looks...
Old 06-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Charter Member

I was looking at this old Build thread and I was so blown away by what a classy guitar this one is, I thought I'd bump it up.

How's this one sounding almost three years later Dave? What a work of art.

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 06-14-2012, 07:31 PM

What a beautiful guitar. Pretty much the ideal Petros IMO.

One day, I will own one as well...

Congrats!
Old 06-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Charter Member

Awe, talk about sticking a sword in an open wound! I thought I was just getting over the fact that I sold this guitar...

It was amazing.... I went through a period where I was not playing any of my modern fingerstyle guitars and focused more on vintage.... I think I sold it to pay for a John Slobod Circa guitar. I'm more balanced these days with the modern and vintage, I really wish I still had that one... Petros builds AMAZINGLY responsive fingerstyle guitars....
Old 06-15-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondave View Post
Awe, talk about sticking a sword in an open wound! I thought I was just getting over the fact that I sold this guitar...

It was amazing.... I went through a period where I was not playing any of my modern fingerstyle guitars and focused more on vintage.... I think I sold it to pay for a John Slobod Circa guitar. I'm more balanced these days with the modern and vintage, I really wish I still had that one... Petros builds AMAZINGLY responsive fingerstyle guitars....
Oups, sorry!

Hey, I don't have one either, so we're equally miserable! LOL
Old 06-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Charter Member

Sorry to hear you let this one go!! Atleast you got a new aMayesing guitar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondave View Post

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop