The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-28-2023, 12:37 PM

Default Best all in one mixer, main, and sub option?

I’m currently using an Everse 8 for my gigs. It works well. But I do want to get something larger. I don’t really want to carry around a sub and speaker and mixer. Something like the EV30m looks awesome to me as it does it all and I think it would be loud enough for everything I do (solo blues up to small trio work). But is there others out there?
Old 01-28-2023, 12:50 PM

Adding a small mixer like the Yamaha MG10 will give you what you want.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ith-usb-and-fx
It is called a 10 channel mixer but only 4 channels are usable for me with mics and guitars.
Old 01-28-2023, 01:53 PM

Are you looking specifically for something with high output spl? Lots of bass? Yamaha Stagepas 1K checks those boxes pretty well with a weird void in part of the mid range of frequencies but I use a 22 channel mixer with it with my large band (electric x2, keys, bass, acoustic x2, and about 5 or 6 vocals). It handles the job well. The bass is very good compared to many others.

The Turbosound ip2000 is a little more clear than the Stagepas 1k in the mids but doesn't have as much bass punch as the Yamaha.

Eventually I plan to buy the EV30m.

The 30m seems to be the best out there with its mixer. The Stagepas 1k only really has 3 inputs plus an aux in. The Turbosound has just 2 inputs plus the aux in.
Old 01-28-2023, 03:14 PM

I’d recommend getting an Evolve 50 without the M and use your Everse 8 as a main out to the 50. That will truly help you cover bigger gigs then going from an 8 to a 30m
Old 03-15-2023, 10:21 AM

I have a quick question for you regarding the connection between the mixer and Stagepas 1k. I have a similar setup but not sure how to connect the mixer to the PA. Do you got from one of the main outs on the mixer to an xlr jack input in the StagePAS? I'm sort of new to all of this so I appreciate the help.
Old 03-15-2023, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackPomerleau View Post
I’m currently using an Everse 8 for my gigs. It works well. But I do want to get something larger. I don’t really want to carry around a sub and speaker and mixer. Something like the EV30m looks awesome to me as it does it all and I think it would be loud enough for everything I do (solo blues up to small trio work). But is there others out there?
If you like the stick option, the closest match may be the JBL Eon One Mk 2

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ered-pa-system

It has three combos and one line-in (1/4 inch) input. I have no experience with it myself but it's been talked about here recently.

The Bose Pro8 comes to mind--also discussed recently including by enthusastic user Groberts with some awesome photos--but it has only two combo inputs (XLR + 1/4-inch) and the dreaded Aux in for #3. Like the suggestion to use the Everse 8 into an Evolve 50, that likely wouldn't be satisfactory for your trio setup. The Pro8 also has a very basic app compared to anything in the EV line.

Edit: I forgot about the Yamaha Stagepass--and probably some others!
Old 03-15-2023, 12:33 PM

I have a 30M, and an Everse 8 showing up today. Since you already have the Everse, staying in the EV family makes the most sense, especially given the 30/50 use the same app as the Everse so you're only learning one interface and have one place for controls. I don't see an advantage to mixing brands once you're in a functional ecosystem but ymmv.

“Sometimes science is more art than science…” - Rick Sanchez
Old 03-15-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostatic View Post
I have a 30M, and an Everse 8 showing up today. Since you already have the Everse, staying in the EV family makes the most sense, especially given the 30/50 use the same app as the Everse so you're only learning one interface and have one place for controls. I don't see an advantage to mixing brands once you're in a functional ecosystem but ymmv.
If you get to compare them definitely let me know what you think. I’d be curious to know if it would be a worthy addition. I’ve used my Everse at outdoor events and honestly it did quite fine.
Old 03-15-2023, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chondog View Post
I have a quick question for you regarding the connection between the mixer and Stagepas 1k. I have a similar setup but not sure how to connect the mixer to the PA. Do you got from one of the main outs on the mixer to an xlr jack input in the StagePAS? I'm sort of new to all of this so I appreciate the help.
XLR out of mixer to XLR on Stagepas is how I hook mine up. Not the link in, but channel 1, 2, or 3.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackPomerleau View Post
If you get to compare them definitely let me know what you think. I’d be curious to know if it would be a worthy addition. I’ve used my Everse at outdoor events and honestly it did quite fine.
Got the Everse today and gave it a workout in the house. Sound is excellent - I don’t hear any harsh sheen. The app paired right up, updated the firmware and was ready to go. I will say I doubt this thing will get as loud as they claim. It certainly will be loud enough for my needs but the 30M has a lot more grunt and headroom. Which is what I’d expect.

I think they will pair well. I’ll likely use the Everse first alone on a solo gig to see how it goes, may or may not bring the Elis.8 cab for guitar.

“Sometimes science is more art than science…” - Rick Sanchez
Old 03-15-2023, 07:59 PM

If you want to stay all battery, I second the JBL Eon MK2. I play it with the Everse 8 and it is an excellent sounding combination! JBL adds some nice low end missing from the Everse and the mids are also better. Ev30 will also add slightly better bass than the JBL but the mids are no better than the Everse. Bose Pro8 is also a great combination with the Everse.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:52 AM
Charter Member

Sound reinforcement is a rabbit hole.

Welcome to wonderland Alice.

The more air you can move, the better the tone will be.

Unfortunately, you can equate air movement to $$$, and training.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:18 AM
Charter Member

I've posted elsewhere that I'm very happy with the Fishmand SA330x and expand unit. It gives our duo 6 channels, 330 watts and good dispersion. It's elevated enough to carry across some of the larger venues we'll play as soon as central Ohio thaws. As a bonus, the 4 channel expand unit can be mounted on your mic stand so you've literally got those channel mixes at your fingertips. Finally, with the roller bag it's self contained as everything fits in the bag and has wheels for us old guys!
Old 03-16-2023, 08:03 AM

I have had the EV 30 for about one week. It IS very good. I really like the Bose PA systems ( have the Pro 16), but the EV is easily comparable. Still learning the app, but it is really solid. The more I play thru it the easier is is to find the changes I need to make. The EV is worth trying out if you have the chance. I will be gigging it tomorrow….
Old 03-16-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostatic View Post
Got the Everse today and gave it a workout in the house. Sound is excellent - I don’t hear any harsh sheen. The app paired right up, updated the firmware and was ready to go. I will say I doubt this thing will get as loud as they claim. It certainly will be loud enough for my needs but the 30M has a lot more grunt and headroom. Which is what I’d expect.

I think they will pair well. I’ll likely use the Everse first alone on a solo gig to see how it goes, may or may not bring the Elis.8 cab for guitar.
I’m almost certain it wouldn’t. I guess it depends on how you feel about hitting the limiter. I’ve set it so I only hit the limiter during huge notes and never big strums or something and it’ll work for farmers markets and any indoor event I’ve done. Definitely curious to see what you think. I gotta mess more with eq and the compressor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wweiss View Post
If you want to stay all battery, I second the JBL Eon MK2. I play it with the Everse 8 and it is an excellent sounding combination! JBL adds some nice low end missing from the Everse and the mids are also better. Ev30 will also add slightly better bass than the JBL but the mids are no better than the Everse. Bose Pro8 is also a great combination with the Everse.
Yeah I don’t really need bass but good to know. My only worry about the JBL is I do 4 hour gigs where I also play break music some you’re looking at just around maybe 4.5 hours of run time in those scenarios. The Everse has hit maybe 75 percent battery in those scenarios which is fine but a maximum 6 hour battery life could be iffy. It looks nice though. I’d probably prefer a standard pa speaker myself. I dunno, I like the towers but don’t find them anymore convenient. If someone did an all in one like the Everse but more power it would be perfect for me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification