The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 01-26-2023, 05:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseth View Post
I was shocked to find that this song had been written a couple decades ago... hard to believe that I missed it, back then. I may have to get "Time (The Revelator)" on CD...
Makes sense - it seems (to me) to be a reaction to the emergence of Napster and what that did to the recording industry and an artist's ability to make money selling their recordings. And that's been a good long time ago now... Just looked it up - Napster started in 1999 and ceased operations in 2001...

-Ray
Old 01-27-2023, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
T-Bone doesn’t hurt anything - he takes a nice turn. But really, Welch and Rawlings are just about a perfect duo. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone join them and actually improve on what they do together…

-RAy
I don’t know if I like the stuff with John Paul Jones on mandolin any better but he makes for a really nice addition.
1990 Guild GF30 Bld Maple Archback
Alvarez AP66
Baby Taylor
G&L ASAT Tribute T-style

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN