The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-25-2016, 08:29 AM

Post Need help for Takamine EG 320 SC

Hi all,

New to forums but needing some advice.

I have recently bought a second hand G series Takamine EG 320 SC electro-acoustic guitar. As the set up wasn't great, I very stupidly tried to tackle this myself.

What I didn't realise was that the pickup sits directly under the saddle (Which I regrettably sanded down). Now the pickup picks up no sound when i plug the guitar in.

I am aware that I will need a replacement saddle, but I am unsure of which saddle to buy. I have tried to usual "takamine EG 320 SC saddle" but no saddles actually say they fit my model.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Sean
Old 08-25-2016, 10:22 PM

These G series are not the same as the Pro line with the Palathetic pickup. I had a G a few years back, same preamp as yours and from memory it's a one piece saddle. They contact using the 'teeth' underneath, so you cannot sand the bottom. There's shims in the slot which may be part of the problem, I had the bridge on mine shaved to fix a similar issue.

Any shop that sells Taks should be able to get you a new one and they are pretty standard across a range of models. Take some measurements to double check. Also I know I found at that time a guy in the UK that makes custom bone saddles and nuts for those amongst others and not too pricey. A Google should find him.

Kris

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
electro acoustic, saddle, saddles, takamine