The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-13-2023, 07:25 PM

They are, Glenn, and the Lite Series especially so for those of us guitarists "of a certain age" who aren't quite ready to hang up our rock-&-roll shoes . FYI their Fender-styled 1x12" (also their cheapest @ $325) scales in at a featherweight 13 lbs. unloaded: swap in an Eminence Lil' Texas or Tonkerlite for a 125W box or a Celestion Neo Copperback for a massive 250W which, with their ultra-high efficiency (100dB+) and 18-19 lb. net weight (about the same as a Fender Champion 40 combo) can be mixed-&-matched with nearly any topbox or pedalboard amp on the market - run a Bugera T5 or one of the Friedman/Diezel/Soldano/Joyo/Orange mini-heads for the smaller houses, go all the way up to a Marshall 1959 Plexi or Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier for the big gigs, or anything in between - IME a far more practical solution than the 50+ lb. combos I've been hauling around to date ...
Old 01-13-2023, 07:59 PM

Oh yeah Mr. DeRosa, either of your Bugera metal caged amp heads would look real nice sitting on top of this MojoTone “lite” 1x12 cab!

frank d.
Old 01-13-2023, 08:20 PM

FYI Sweetwater still has the T50 in stock for $399 (the T5 has been on back order since shortly after the Labor Day sale - and with good reason) - at that price why not get one for yourself and find out...?

Sweet custom cab BTW - whatcha planning to load it with...?
Old 01-13-2023, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
FYI Sweetwater still has the T50 in stock for $399 (the T5 has been on back order since shortly after the Labor Day sale - and with good reason) - at that price why not get one for yourself and find out...?

Sweet custom cab BTW - whatcha planning to load it with...?

I find that I’m on the far side of the bell curve concerning gear acquisition these days. Downsizing has been the order of the day for me lately, so as tempting as these Bugera products are I must abstain.

I had that cab done by MojoTone just about a year ago and loaded it with a 12” Celestion Ruby 8ohm 35watt alnico. The cab and speaker weigh in at a very manageable 22lbs.

Two mistakes I made when designing the cab were 1) I forgot to add the metal corner guards to the top of the cab. It’s just a matter of time befor I clonk a corner on something in transport. And 2) I should have ordered the taller rubber feet. The Fenderesque chrome glides are no more than a quarter inch of clearance and I have already snagged on something somewhere. Gorilla Glue to the rescue.

Thanks for the positive nod, Steve.
fd

Old 01-14-2023, 02:11 PM
Charter Member

I remember that cabinet, Frank! Very cool! It looks great!

- Glenn
Old 01-14-2023, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
I remember that cabinet, Frank! Very cool! It looks great!

- Glenn
I looked up the delivery and it was January 18th, 2022. Almost one year to the day I got this cabinet from MojoTone.
fd
Old 01-29-2023, 08:37 PM

PSA: 20% off sale ends on the 31st - if you're interested this is the last opportunity...
Old 01-30-2023, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
A little late, but here it is:
Back when I was playing more Electric's..I had two amps built.."WoodCross"
One was a Fender Based 1-12 it would take 6L6-EL34-K66/88 can't remember which for sure maybe both.. But you just turned a switch for each tube
Well anyway... EL34's were my favorite it seem to have more warmth then 6L6's and less chime.
But that is what call a little hair on the tone.. Marshall Vs. Fender Clean tones
Loved them both but the EL34's just seems a bit more fun

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars