The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-18-2021, 06:40 PM

Default Alvarez FD60AMB endpin jack

Hi, I have an Alvarez FD60AMB thinline acoustic/electric... It's a great guitar, but I'm needing to add a strap lock system to it... In order to do that, I will have to replace the endpin jack, which is no problem, but I have to get the right one that will work with my pickup system...

I'm pretty sure it's an LR Baggs pickup, with a preamp/tuner built in to the top side panel...

Has anyone dealt with this particular system, if so, can you give me some ideas on what jack will be compatible with this system? Something that the strap button will thread off of in order to add a strap lock adapter?

Thanks

Todd
Old 09-19-2021, 04:24 AM

On all my recent guitars, I've simply added an extra button [in addition to the input jack] on the bottom. I never see it. Noone else does either.
Old 09-19-2021, 04:40 AM

That's interesting, do you mean like next to the Jack using the same block the jack is through?
Old 09-22-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd93 View Post
That's interesting, do you mean like next to the Jack using the same block the jack is through?
Yes. Along the same center line of the bottom of the guitar. Apart far enough to allow room for the strap and straplock to not block the input jack's hole.

Same idea as this photo.

Last edited by YamahaGuy; 09-22-2021 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:56 AM

Perfect, thank you!
Old 09-22-2021, 12:38 PM

I also use a separate output jack and strap button, although part of my reason is because I use the recessed Dunlop Straplok attachments on my instruments.

You can also investigate using a Music Nomad Acousti-Lok adapter. They are available for standard and metric output jack use.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification