The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-20-2015, 10:48 PM

Default Cordoba Loriente Line?

Hi, I am new here.

Does anyone know of if the Loriente line from Cordoba is discontinued? It does not show up on their website unless you search for it and they are hard to find. Guitar Salon still has a Clarita CD in stock and I am thinking of picking it up. It seems to get higher marks than the Solista.

Thanks.
Scott
Old 12-30-2015, 01:36 AM

I did it. I picked up a spruce Marieta at Guitar Salon. So far very happy. I was told that Loriente is no longer affiliated with Cordoba, and is now a stand alone company. I suspect Guitar Salon (which as the same owners as Corodba) is the US distributor. They gave me a nice deal ($900 off) for a B spec guitar. The only thing wrong with it is the finish on the back is not perfect. It has some small grain dimples, but other than that appears perfect and has beautiful workmanship. So I got the Marieta for less than the price of Clarita. I played both, and really liked the Marieta.

If you are looking for a Loriente, and are willing to sacrifice some minor cosmetics to save some money, or move up a model, ask Guitar Salon about the B specs.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:17 AM

I have a Loriente Sofia cedar. It is a wonderful guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical