The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 08-08-2020, 11:04 AM

Default Is sure is Monday chord question

https://youtu.be/mvWFfmBFVoA
I’m working on getting the strumming right on this song. When I watch Mark performing this song he has capo on the first fret. Now I know that the online chord places are incredibly in inaccurate, but one site has it capo on the third fret using D,G and A and it sounds close.
Other places show F,C, Bb chords with no capo and they don’t sound right.
I’m curious as to what cord progression he’s using if he’s capoed on the first fret?
Any help is appreciated.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:26 AM

He's in key of F concert, and capo on 1 means E major shapes. (You clearly see him playing an E shape at the beginning.)

Both sites you mention are correct. In concert (no capo), the chords are F, Bb and C. Capo on 3, shapes D, G and A would give the same chords (sound).
Capo on 1 means E, A and B7 shapes. (Watch his fingers and listen, and I think you'll get where the changes are. It's E with an occasional B7 to begin with, and he goes to A at 0:40.)

If it doesn't sound right - check your tuning!
Old 08-09-2020, 07:36 PM

Thanks Jon for clearing that up for me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write