The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-16-2019, 01:05 PM

Most of my Taylor guitars are x14's (414ce, 424-LTD, 354-LTD, 114ce). I have one GS body, which probably can use the same slim Pearse armrest. Thanks for saving me the homework, Mark. I still have to figure out which will work for WS-1000 and my Lucky 13.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb1 View Post
Earl49,
Try using the Luva Arm Pad. https://luthiermusic.com/product-cat...ries/arm-pads/
Barb
This thing is super. I read about it once in another thread last year and tried to track down where to buy it to no avail.

Finally, I contacted the manufacturer in Brazil.
Don't do that. Communication problems, and in the end, for them to ship direct from Brazil was more than double the prices found at the above link.

Somehow, my search never came up with the above link. Instead, it took me to a Switzerland guitar shop and I ordered it from there with success and paying roughly the same, maybe a bit more. Came quickly.

If you have problems of any kind with your forearm because of a sharp edge, IMO, it's worth trying this simple but effective design. Works with all guitars and feels great with a bevel as well.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
Instead, it took me to a Switzerland guitar shop and I ordered it from there with success and paying roughly the same, maybe a bit more. Came quickly.
Must have been the same shop where I ordered mine.

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 06-17-2019, 08:53 AM

I spent 1:45 (an hour and 45 minutes) jamming with some buddies yesterday, mostly strumming. The bevel on my X20 surely saved my forearm, but I also have the sense of regaining stamina and toughening up again anyway. I will look into the options for the hard-cornered guitars, one of which might be listing them on CL. Truth be told, there is only one all-koa guitar which will be safe forever, even with hard edges.

It's good to be back....
Old 06-17-2019, 09:06 AM

So this wasn't actually an issue for me until after I read your post, lol.

I've been playing my x30 only and I think the size of it does cause some increase strain on the arm. It might also be that I've just finished moving and that whole ordeal caused a flare up of carpal tunnel.

The x10 is much thinner and truly a performance guitar in that I never had this issue. The x30s size probably does limit its utility as a stage guitar unless sitting. For me at least...

Last edited by Kerbie; 06-29-2019 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Removed prohibited topic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber