The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-20-2015, 06:13 PM
Charter Member

Default differences between the Levin Goya's and the Martin made Goya's

Hi, I have a question that I am posting in hope of some kind of answer. At one of the local music stores where I live, there is a Goya classical where the label is incredibly faded out, so you can not tell where it was made. So my question is, what were the differences between the Levin era Goya's, and the Martin era Goya's? If a picture would help, I can try to get back soon, but thought would ask on this forum first.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:58 PM

The Levin Goyas were made in Sweden and according to what I have read on the web are far superior in construction and materials to the Martin Goyas. Martin only purchased the rights to the name. I have a Levin Goya (GG174) and it is a fine sounding instrument. There is quite a bit of info out there including many old Levin catalogs, but you do have spend a bit of time looking for it. Yes, a picture of the label or and other info on the label would help. Mine says, "Goya distributed by Dude, Inc." Dude, Inc. had a lot of Levin inventory after the name was sold to Martin and was the US distributor. Get back to us with more info and we'll certainly try and help.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:20 AM
Charter Member

I'm off for the next week and a half, so I will make it a point to get back to the store that has it, and to take a picture of, as well as the inside. As I said, the sticker on the inside is very faded, and you can't tell what was there, but I'll get a picture of that.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical