The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-27-2016, 08:35 AM

Default Journey - did I miss it

I have been waiting for the unveiling of Journey's new nylon string. We talked about specs, etc. for some time. Did I miss its release? If I did what is the final form of the guitar?

Thanks
Old 11-27-2016, 08:52 AM
Anticipation Junkie

I don't think you've missed it. To my recollection there has been no mention of it for quite some time.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwrpc View Post
I have been waiting for the unveiling of Journey's new nylon string. We talked about specs, etc. for some time. Did I miss its release? If I did what is the final form of the guitar?

Thanks
Rob did mention some new product...which if I remember right should be out by now, but it seemed like that was going to be some amp type product....but I haven't seen anything lately.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2016, 10:05 AM
Guest 928

The last I heard was that the nylon was on a back burner and something new was supposed to be showing up in the Journey inventory.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:21 PM

Sorry to hear it did not get more life. I guess I should be glad though I did not miss the announcement even though I was looking forward to it.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:07 PM

Other than Evan, we've has zero requests for a nylon string Journey, so I doubt Rob will put too much of his resources in to developing one, but I am hoping to see something new at winter NAMM.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:54 PM
Guest 928

Ted;

Do you carry or have information on any thin body, nylon string, electric guitars? I'm aware of the Kirk Sand and the Rick Turner but I'm looking for some inexpensive to try out, something along the lines of the Angel Lopez EC3000CN, the Antonio Hermosa Ah-50, or the Hadean EA-100. I am looking for something light weight and solid faced.

Everyone else: any experience with the listed guitars or other options?
Old 11-27-2016, 10:20 PM

Hey Guys - we have two or three new products we'll be launching at NAMM. None of which is Nylon, though. If you travel and play live, I think you'll be very excited. We will do something nylon, just not yet. Sorry Evan.
1950s Martin Baritone Uke
A prototype of something you're likely to drool over.

9 yr old boy learning drums, 5 yr old girl who likes to groove with the beat, a music-loving toddler, 1 patient and amazing wife.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:54 AM

Evan, have you tried the Godin Multiac?

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinmultiac.html

Rob, looking forward to seeing you, along with the new models at NAMM.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:29 AM
Guest 928

Ted:

Thank you for the suggestion, I once owned one. The Godin is a great instrument, well made and great sounding. I bought mine from a professional musician and ended up selling it to a professional musician--it was too heavy for my taste.

Of the electrics I've played, the Danelectro U2 was my favorite--I'd like a CF nylon string in the same mode.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robailey View Post
Hey Guys - we have two or three new products we'll be launching at NAMM. None of which is Nylon, though. If you travel and play live, I think you'll be very excited. We will do something nylon, just not yet. Sorry Evan.
Two or three new models? You might be my first stop on Thursday, Rob.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber