The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-19-2019, 05:22 PM

Default NFL Week 16

Week 16. No Thursday night game but there are a few games on Saturday.

What story lines are you following this week?
Old 12-19-2019, 11:42 PM

Dak P, if his shoulder forces him to leave the game, who's the backup?
Old 12-20-2019, 12:19 AM

The Detroit Lions owner, 94 year old Martha Ford, has decided to keep the current GM and coach, Quinn/Patricia, for another year-------SOL (Same old Lions), 63 years of trash football! I'm starting to question that old saying about a blind hog finding a truffle once in awhile!

Fog
Old 12-20-2019, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogducker View Post
The Detroit Lions owner, 94 year old Martha Ford, has decided to keep the current GM and coach, Quinn/Patricia, for another year-------SOL (Same old Lions), 63 years of trash football! I'm starting to question that old saying about a blind hog finding a truffle once in awhile!

Fog
They actually aren't that bad. They've been in pretty much every game and their starting QB was injured for a while and just went on IR.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 12-20-2019, 02:22 AM

Important divisional game for the Patriots.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Important divisional game for the Patriots.
Yea. Patriots/Bills isn't going to be as easy as all those other years.

Is Brady banged up as much as I've read? In the past 4 games he's been terrible. He doesn't have the support from his wide receivers (dropped passes, missed routes) but he's always been able to still be very effective in those situations. In those 4 games he has the lowest completion percentage and QBR of any QB that has played in all those 4 games.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:04 AM

Personally, I'm enjoying the parity in the AFC. Too bad for Tom, but he's had his turn hoisting the Lombardi. Several times. Time for new blood - and no, I don't expect that there will be a parade in Pittsburgh. We've got our own problems.

Still, it would be nice to see the Bills get home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They're due. As for the parade, I have a feeling it may be in Baltimore this coming February.

Let's not wish the rest of the season away though, shall we? The Steelers are heading to the Meadowlands to pay Leveon Bells and a visit to the New Jersey J-E-T-S (Just End The Season.)
Old 12-20-2019, 07:46 AM
Charter Member

Meanwhile, over in the NFL Least, my 7-7 Eagles and the 7-7 Cowboys will match-up in a game that, remarkably, someone kinda has to win. If they could both lose, I'm sure they'd find a way. The Eagles have two healthy wide receivers this week, both of whom were mainstays of the practice squad less than a month ago, and a decimated O-line. They needed semi-miraculous QB play by Carson Wentz just to squeak by the atrociously bad Giants and Redskins the past two weeks, after losing to the equally horrible Dolphins the week before. Dallas, meanwhile, is relatively healthy and coming off a win over the pretty good Rams. So, barring, a massive choke, Dallas should win. But massive chokes are what the Cowboys DO! So we'll see.

One of these poor teams will win and have the honor of being absolutely humiliated by an actual football team the first week of the playoffs. I've hated the Cowboys longer and deeper than any other franchise in sports but I almost kind of hope they win this one, so it's them that get's wasted by the 49ers or Vikings or whoever in the first week of the playoffs... I fully expect to be watching this year's playoffs without a dog in the hunt, at which point I can just hope for the Patriots and Cowboys to lose, but it's a low stress kind of thing when you're team is out playing golf...

-Ray
Old 12-20-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post

Is Brady banged up as much as I've read? In the past 4 games he's been terrible. He doesn't have the support from his wide receivers (dropped passes, missed routes) but he's always been able to still be very effective in those situations. In those 4 games he has the lowest completion percentage and QBR of any QB that has played in all those 4 games.

I think he is... Reports of the elbow from the local talking heads. he's accuracy has been off for sure.

I do think this game against the Bills will be a test for the Pats. They're going to show up hungry.

A slow start and this anemic red zone offense is going to have to be avoided.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
I think he is... Reports of the elbow from the local talking heads. he's accuracy has been off for sure.

I do think this game against the Bills will be a test for the Pats. They're going to show up hungry.

A slow start and this anemic red zone offense is going to have to be avoided.
Unfortunately, he's not the only franchise QB with elbow problems...

...nor would he be the first to have a career end because of them:

Old 12-20-2019, 09:49 AM

the good news is big ben and tomlin will be back next year!!- as you can tell im not a Pittsburgh fan - LOL
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 12-20-2019, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

I have a Pennsylvania Super Bowl fantasy. I live in New Jersey. Both PA teams could win a playoff spot, but they have to win this week.

Eagles and Steelers in the Super Bowl? Not very likely this year.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post

Brady is banged up more often than people think, he just never tells anyone about it. I remember about 5 years or so, give a take a year or two, he was a little off at the end of the year but no one really noticed. Then, he had surgery on his foot just after the year ended without really telling anyone. He also had cracked ribs a few years ago he played through without anyone knowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Personally, I'm enjoying the parity in the AFC. Too bad for Tom, but he's had his turn hoisting the Lombardi. Several times. Time for new blood - and no, I don't expect that there will be a parade in Pittsburgh. We've got our own problems.

Still, it would be nice to see the Bills get home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They're due. As for the parade, I have a feeling it may be in Baltimore this coming February.

Let's not wish the rest of the season away though, shall we? The Steelers are heading to the Meadowlands to pay Leveon Bells and a visit to the New Jersey J-E-T-S (Just End The Season.)
It would be nearly impossible for the Bills to get home field throughout the playoffs this year. That is basically owned by the Ravens.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 12-20-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogducker View Post

Fog
Bad Karma all over that franchise! Martha should sell and head to the Bahamas. On the other hand, it gives her a place to get out of the castle.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:32 AM

Default week 16

Can the Rams step up and take down the 9'rs? Seattle is chomping at the bit for week 17

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic