The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 02:29 PM

Default Takamine EF75M TT 2017 - SOLD

SOLD on Reverb

I am offering my 2017 Takamine LTD EF75M-TT for sale for $SOLD plus shipping in continental US. I will pick up PayPal fees. These guitars were a limited run of 100. A few of them are still available at retail with a list of around $4,000. These are very high level Takamines. I will be listing this on Reverb tonight for $100 more and will add the link to this post.

The EF75 is an OM sized instrument with a Madagascar Rosewood back and sides, Thermal treated Sitka top (“baked”), ebony fingerboard, Madagascar bridge, Mahogany neck. Unlike many Takamines, the EF75M has a 1.75” wide nut. The neck is full in the hand and very comfortable. This is a beautiful guitar with great wood, abalone trimmings, and a great feel.

From the Takamine website: “This year, Takamine brings this thunderous instrument back with the EF75M TT. It is similar to its predecessor in appointments, but utilizes a “Thermal” heat treated spruce top and ultra-rare Madagascar rosewood. The guitar has beautiful abalone purfling and flame maple binding. Truly a breathtaking instrument with wonderful sweet, balanced tone. The guitar incorporates Takamine’s stealthy TLD 2 Line Driver electronics for great, natural stage sound. This guitar is pure magic—you just can’t put it down. Limited to 100 pieces worldwide.”

I assume that by “stealthy” electronics, Takamine is referencing the fact that there is no barn door in the guitar for the pre-amp. It is plug and play and works extremely well. Not surprising as great electronics are what Takamine’s are known for. Note that volume and eq will have to be handled externally.

The EF75M normally comes with a pickguard. This one was removed before I purchased it. There is absolutely no shading or color variation in the area of the pickguard. The back is beautiful. I would describe it as a medium to medium dark brown. It was hard to get a 100% accurate color photo of the back so I included one with a Koa back guitar and a Myrtle backed guitar to perhaps help with the color description.

The guitar has a few isolated (finish only) small dings in one small area on the top near the lower binding. They are hard to discern unless you are looking for them. Otherwise the instrument is mint. I am listing it as Excellent condition. I will try and post a close up picture of that area.

I have bought and sold a few instruments over the years, and I have good remarks all around. These are world class guitars and this one is an exceptional buy.

Feel free to ask any questions. Ask for more pictures. Any info I can reasonably provide. This Guitar includes the OHSC and some case candy.

Takamine LTD Guitar Specs:
• Body Style: OM
• Top: Solid Thermal Spruce
• Back: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
• Sides: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
• Neck: Mahogany
• 1 3/4 Nut
• Fingerboard: Ebony
• Bridge: Madagascar Rosewood
• Beautiful Abalone Top Purfling
• Finish: Gloss Natural
• Binding: Flame Maple
• Fingerboard Inlay: Original Diamond
• Number of Frets: 20 (14 clear of body)
• Headstock Overlay: Madagascar Rosewood
• Tuning Machines: Gotoh Gold Open Butterbean
• Rosette: Abalone Single ring
• Electronics: TLD 2 Line Driver
• Takamine Case
Takamine - 3.jpg

Takamine - 8.jpg

Takamine - 9.jpg

Takamine - 10.jpg

Takamine - 1 (1).jpg

Takamine - 11.jpg
'66 Gibson J-200, '55 J50, JB Model 1; Martin M-36; Micheletti Osprey Rigid Rim; Collings OM2H, GR Bear OM C; Emerald X10 Slimline; Gretsch HOF Country Gent & G6120CMHOF; Gibson ES-165; CP Thornton Improv; Veillette Flyer 14 & Lyric; Anderson Crowdster++ ....

Last edited by billyg; 11-22-2019 at 11:06 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 11-21-2019, 08:56 PM

Default Couple more pictures

More pictures - larger main one and showing dings on lower bout:
Takamine - 3.jpg
Takamine - 4.jpg
'66 Gibson J-200, '55 J50, JB Model 1; Martin M-36; Micheletti Osprey Rigid Rim; Collings OM2H, GR Bear OM C; Emerald X10 Slimline; Gretsch HOF Country Gent & G6120CMHOF; Gibson ES-165; CP Thornton Improv; Veillette Flyer 14 & Lyric; Anderson Crowdster++ ....
Old 11-22-2019, 09:54 PM

SOLD on Reverb. Thanks!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars