The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-02-2019, 07:52 AM
Charter Member

Smile Edwinson/chasapple

The first chord I found easier to fret is the barre F at the first fret. I can/could never get my index finger to cover the bass strings behind the fret, always overlapping into second position causing a really bad sounding note to sound.
That isn't happening with the fan fret guitar, I can cleanly fret the F now.
The second chord I noticed improvement on is in the song "The Rose" as performed by Martin Talstrom ( it's on you tube if you want to see it).
It's in open G tuning and capoed on the 4th fret. There's a (I think) Eb chord that requires a stretch with the pinkie finger that was tough for me to do cleanly. with the fan fret, it seems to be much easier.
Now to be fair, I also had Steve install jumbo frets in this guitar and I believe it requires less finger pressure to get a clean note, so it could be a combination of the jumbo frets and the fan fret that seemingly easier to play.
Or, maybe it's just the thrill of a really spectacular new guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop