The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-12-2019, 03:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress Knee View Post
That was great. I have been sporadically working on a fingerstyle version of Yesterday to post here that I don't have down yet, but now that is really OK - I now have the excuse of waiting until the interest in this version dissipates over time!

CK

PS - I will do it in G
Hi Cypress Knee,

Thanks for your comments! I bet if you did a chord melody version of this song in the key of G, it would work out just right. Lots of open strings where the melody will fall.

That would be very cool! I will look forward to hearing your version when you get it recorded. Something to look forward to!

- Glenn
Old 07-12-2019, 04:48 PM

Great interpretation, Glenn. Thanks for sharing.

Just saw the movie today -- lots of fun for this Beatlemaniac.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB View Post
Great interpretation, Glenn. Thanks for sharing.

Just saw the movie today -- lots of fun for this Beatlemaniac.
Hi John,

Oh, terrific! Glad you got to see the movie! I thought it was fun, too! It certainly reinspired my interest in the Beatles' music, and I imagine it has done that for a lot of folks.

Thanks for weighing in on my interpretation of "Yesterday." I'm glad you appreciated my modest attempt at such a great song.

- Glenn
Old 07-12-2019, 06:40 PM

Sounds really great Glenn.....On my videos I gotta figure out how to do that backdrop....I just have me in my corner studio for all mine....

Breedlove American C25 SME--Neumann KMS 105---Fishman Loudbox Performer---KORG PA 4X--Tascam DP 24
God, My Guitar, & Me
Old 07-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
Sounds really great Glenn.....On my videos I gotta figure out how to do that backdrop....I just have me in my corner studio for all mine....
Hi Steve,

Thanks for weighing in here. I appreciate your watching and your comments!

Regarding the green screen, you need a combination of the screen and lighting to light it up. Something like THIS.

It's a pain when you think about how much you have to do just to pull off a video that sounds good. But the visual stuff is important to a lot of people, so every little bit helps.

It's certainly possible to do a video without messing with a green screen. It's just one approach that might help add something to your video.

Best of luck on this Steve!

- Glenn
Old 07-12-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Hi Steve,

Thanks for weighing in here. I appreciate your watching and your comments!

Regarding the green screen, you need a combination of the screen and lighting to light it up. Something like THIS.

It's a pain when you think about how much you have to do just to pull off a video that sounds good. But the visual stuff is important to a lot of people, so every little bit helps.

It's certainly possible to do a video without messing with a green screen. It's just one approach that might help add something to your video.

Best of luck on this Steve!

- Glenn
I got the lights already, just need a screen....Well maybe next time...The one I just posted here today on this Forum I actually used 2 camera angles, a camera and an Ipad. I had 3 but the Iphone when I mixed with Final Cut ProX was tripping out...

Breedlove American C25 SME--Neumann KMS 105---Fishman Loudbox Performer---KORG PA 4X--Tascam DP 24
God, My Guitar, & Me
Old 07-12-2019, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
I got the lights already, just need a screen....Well maybe next time...The one I just posted here today on this Forum I actually used 2 camera angles, a camera and an Ipad. I had 3 but the Iphone when I mixed with Final Cut ProX was tripping out...
Hi Steve,

I think the green screen cloth I ordered was a green muslin that I got from Adorama Camera for about $40. I figured, that is not a lot of money, so I can experiment. If it works fine, if it's a failure, I could have wasted $40 on buying breakfast somewhere.

Best of luck to you Steve!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell