The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-26-2018, 03:54 PM

What a nice thing to say! Thanks Dennis!
Old 06-26-2018, 08:05 PM
Musical minimalist

I remember that feeling of getting the new guitar from shop in the big city. It's been fun watching this and very glad you have it in the closet now! (well, it's probably stuck on your lap still!)

Old 06-27-2018, 08:10 AM
AGF Sponsor

I am trying to share the Google photo album but with my lack of understanding I have the feeling nobody received it.

Rodger and Tim did because I have their names on some sort of list for building guitars.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:19 AM
Music soothes the soul!

The link in your first email worked for me so I saw them all. The link in the second email didn’t work ... said “not found” which typically means typo.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:59 AM
AGF Sponsor

Thannks, Dennis.

I guess I better find the original and see if I can pass them on to the rest of the customers and McJammers.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:12 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger View Post
Just a brief mini review - I plan to do a full review in the future complete with sound clips.

This guitar has it all.
  • Looks. I haven't seen straight grain Brazilian rosewood like this in a looooong time. The Adi top pops. The curly binding is classy (IMO).
  • Tone. I've played it all over the neck and every note rings out with clarity. I can usually find a thuddy note somewhere on every guitar I pick up. Haven't found one on this one.
  • Playability. Tim said he has refined his set up as far as neck relief. This is so easy to play. I thought it had light strings, but Tim assures me he put mediums on it. This is the easiest playing guitar I've ever experienced with medium strings.

Looking forward to many years of enjoyment before I turn over the reins to Dominic, my Grandson.

Thanks for the glowing review Rodger. We are humbled, to say the least. Thanks for allowing Mary and I the privilege of building you an heirloom guitar, one that we think is worthy of passing down to many generations, long after we are all gone. We hope you continue to create beautiful music with it until the day comes to pass it on to Dominic.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:53 PM

Certainly a beautiful guitar and a magical-sounding guitar. Tim and I were remarking while Rodger was playing at the McJam how much deep chime there is in the bass, which is a bit unusual for braz but certainly a sweet sound. Didn't have a chance to play it myself but certainly loved listening to it! Wonderful thread on AGF, but doesn't do justice to the magnificence of this guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger View Post
Looking forward to many years of enjoyment before I turn over the reins to Dominic, my Grandson.
Just FYI: I'm available for adoption, Rodger.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:16 PM
*mahoganut*

Nice! Congrats Roger, and great job as always Tim & Mary!

Phil
Old 07-13-2018, 01:35 AM

“Looking forward to many years of enjoyment before I turn over the reins to Dominic, my Grandson.”

Sorry, have been late to the party, haven’t been on the Forum in a while and missed the McJam this year. But this thread was very cool, awesome guitar! I especially appreciate the idea of buying guitars for Grandchildren’s but not really giving the guitar to them yet? What a great idea to get my wife to agree to more guitar purchases! Got 4 Grandchildren myself cool, never would have thought of the one. Thanks Rodger!
2001 Michael Keller Koa Baby
2014 Godin Inuk
2012 Deering B6 Openback Banjo
2012 Emerald Acoustic Doubleneck
2012 Rainsong JM1000 Black Ice
2009 Wechter Pathmaker 9600 LTD
1982 Yairi D-87 Doubleneck
1987 Ovation Collectors
1993 Ovation Collectors
1967 J-45 Gibson
1974 20th Annivers. Les Paul Custom
Old 07-13-2018, 04:22 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Man, I gotta get me some grandchildren.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Man, I gotta get me some grandchildren.
You could always adopt me - but I don’t think I could wait for you to hand over the guitar! I ain’t exactly a spring chicken!
Old 07-13-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleneck View Post
“Looking forward to many years of enjoyment before I turn over the reins to Dominic, my Grandson.”

Sorry, have been late to the party, haven’t been on the Forum in a while and missed the McJam this year. But this thread was very cool, awesome guitar! I especially appreciate the idea of buying guitars for Grandchildren’s but not really giving the guitar to them yet? What a great idea to get my wife to agree to more guitar purchases! Got 4 Grandchildren myself cool, never would have thought of the one. Thanks Rodger!
Hey Steve! Missed you this year. I asked about you - Mary said you had a prior trip planned with your wife. There's always next year.

Just say how happy the grandchildren will be to have a guitar made just for them and your wife won't be able to resist.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:53 AM
Charter Member

Thanks Rodger and Tim/Mary for the inspiration. I am happy to be starting a new build with Tim, though it'd still be a while before the build starts but nevertheless, I am looking forward to it.
Lindsay Marcus D - Sitka/Madi RW

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tom Sands Model S (Crystal) - Italian/Fiddleback Hog
Old 07-17-2018, 06:59 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaroo View Post
Thanks Rodger and Tim/Mary for the inspiration. I am happy to be starting a new build with Tim, though it'd still be a while before the build starts but nevertheless, I am looking forward to it.
Hi Andrew. We are certainly looking forward to working with you. Be forewarned though as you might become a bit of celebrity in OZ since you will officially be the first McKnight Guitar owner down under Don't be surprised if forum member ColdShot gets a hold of you. He has attended every McJam to date, by telephone and most recently via Skype, with the help of tech gurus Rodger and Kathy. I think ColdShot resides in or close to Sydney.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:55 PM

Congrats Andrew! For me, I had a year and a half wait to start the build from wood selection and initial agreement. The time went by quicker than I thought. It was well worth it!

I know I speak for a lot of AGF folks and McJammers - I can't wait to see your build thread and what woods you'll be picking!

Enjoy the trip!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop