The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-15-2018, 09:32 AM

I think there has been some negativity around the idea of an analog signal path with digital effects. Running in parallel. But I think I understand that to mean, whatever part of your signal you don't add digital effects to, remains analog and not x's and o's. I probably won't use the boost but a little compression might be nice to have a more finished/polished sound. But we'll see, I am not shy about sending gear back if I don't like it ha.

Last edited by DoryDavis; 07-15-2018 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:34 PM

I go through floor pedals every 6 months or so. As of late its been ToneDEQ, to Fly Rig, to ToneDextor, to Red Eye... I recall the ToneDEQ, for the features it contains (aside from 9v battery life), to be truly excellent.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 07-16-2018, 05:44 AM

Today's the day D.D.! Let us know what you think.

I'm still playing around with the settings but I really do like what I'm hearing.

Frank
Old 07-16-2018, 02:27 PM

Frank, and everyone on the string. I got it (the tonedeq). Very nice though more on the subtle side effects I thought. EQ, as we all knew, not notchable, but certainly musical. Compression worked as advertised.
Overall I thought a good value and a quality piece of gear.

I had unrealistic expectations. It did make my tone better, but at the same time changed it somehow. I guess most preamps will do that? I'm talking steel, and for steel guitars (I tried both mine), it just wasn't justified.

Nylon was much better. Notes became sharper in a good way, and the effects seemed more noticeable.

But I was looking for a steel "fix". I need to work on my steel sound itself, before I try to beef it up. Bottom line, I sent it back (already!), but would NOT be critical of it. Fishman makes good products, i have 2 of the mini's and think they are great. the search goes on!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification