The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-31-2019, 12:43 PM

Default Taylor 310-CE Prefix Preamp Solder Connections

Hi, I have the above guitar. I rarely plug it in, but have recently noticed there is no signal coming from the pickup/preamp. Taking the Fishman Prefix unit out of the body of the guitar, an inspection revealed two solder connections that have come loose. I'm unable to attach a photo, but the bundle of three wires in the gray sleeve are the ones I'm concerned about. There appears to be an uninsulated wire that is still connected, a silver or white insulated wire that is disconnected, and a black insulated wire that is also disconnected. My solder skills are competent enough to reflow these solder joints, but I don't know which wire goes to which circuit. Can someone who knows or has one of these they can inspect to let me know the correct connections?

Thank you!
Old 12-31-2019, 12:46 PM

Try checking photos of used Fishman Prefix preamps on eBay to see if you can find a picture of it soldered correctly.

I've fixed other items with this kind of research.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 12-31-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
Try checking photos of used Fishman Prefix preamps on eBay to see if you can find a picture of it soldered correctly.

I've fixed other items with this kind of research.
Thanks, but the unit needs to be partially disassembled to see the connections. I have actually searched quite a bit and all shown for sale are shown assembled.

Cheers!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification