The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 06-29-2011, 05:11 PM

Default Got Mixcraft 5

After many years trying to find something that would work for me and after having been nearly fitted with a straight jacket, I have found recording software that is actually easy to use. That is Mixcraft 5.

I have tried Audacity but unfortunately I don't have a degree in sound recording. I have tried Magix Audio Studio but unfortunately I don't have a degree in sound recording. I purchased Sonoma Wireworks Riffworks which was supposed to be easy and intuitive but unfortunately I don't have a degree in sound recording and they don't have squat for documentation.

So I bought Mixcraft 5. I noticed they have a large bank of tutorials that show you how to use it. If only Riffworks had had that. Audacity and Magix are beyond hope.

Anyway I have purchased and now use Mixcraft 5 and am highly impressed with the ease of use and it actually is intuitive. And if I have a question it is easy to find out. Unlike the prior sound software.

I highly recommend this program for the beginner as it is the least expensive of all the previously mentioned software except Audacity and appears to have the most capability with dozens of loops you can use.

Quality is excellent. Hasn't crashed one time, sorry Audacity but you crashed fairly frequently.

I am now using Mixcraft 5, a Tascam US-144 MKII computer interface and an AKG Perception Mic and the quality of music is quite good. The quality of the sound engineering is improving with each attempt.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:19 AM

Just a little tip....don't rely on the metronome. It still drifts in this version just like V4 & Beat Craft....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD