The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-31-2008, 08:33 AM

Default "Amazing Grace" arrangement w/Harmony-G

This is a new song for me, but I couldn't resist taking a crack at it with the TC Helicon Harmony-G pedal.
Amazing Grace

I managed to switch beween two different harmony voicings during the harmonized (first and last) verse for this recording, but have found that frequent switching can get a little tricky for live performance. One needs to tap the right pedal at the right time and for the right duration. (Holding the pedal down too long will switch you into a different pedal "mode" and produce an unintended consequence.) I'm also finding it easy to inadvertantly bump a button or knob and unintentionally change a voicing setting or harmony level.

Gary
Old 09-22-2008, 06:48 PM

Nice work on Amazing Grace. It sounds a bit like you are scrolling through the presets as it changes from high to lower harmony.

I bought one of these after trying out a friends Digitech voice 2 thing. I like the Helicon much better as its effects are actually useable. And having ten presets available is great.

My wife hates it. She says it's like cheating. She's such a purist. It is easy to 'over use' the box though. It feels good to sing with it on, but most songs seem to be single voice on a verse with harmony of the chorus (for those into formula)

I like to run mine with the guitar going through the box and out with its own cord. That give me more control over guitar volume. I set the harmony mix knob at about 33% so my own voice is dominant in the sound mix. That setting give me good support without overtaking me.

These are fine boxes. Very glad I have my TC Helicon Voice Tone G.
Real old Fender Strat
Johnson Amplification Amp
Old Epiphone 350 with K&K Pure Western
Old POC Fender Resonator
Old 09-23-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
This is a new song for me, but I couldn't resist taking a crack at it with the TC Helicon Harmony-G pedal.
Amazing Grace

I managed to switch beween two different harmony voicings during the harmonized (first and last) verse for this recording, but have found that frequent switching can get a little tricky for live performance. One needs to tap the right pedal at the right time and for the right duration. (Holding the pedal down too long will switch you into a different pedal "mode" and produce an unintended consequence.) I'm also finding it easy to inadvertantly bump a button or knob and unintentionally change a voicing setting or harmony level.

Gary
I have that unit, too. You can set up two presets (factory or your own) to toggle between. I use the left most switch to toggle between no-harmony and my desired harmonizations. The pedal keeps me from inadvertantly toggling into "tuner mode".

Last edited by RustyAxe; 09-23-2008 at 07:19 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell