The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-16-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Man you’re taking it old school. I can still hear Bixby say “don’t make me angry, you wouldn’t like me when I’m angry”. I remember he died rather young.
Don't forget Mr. McGee.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:19 PM

Old 05-16-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
I agree. I actually liked them (and Thor: Ragnarok as well)...
The one thing I didn't like about Ragnarok is that it made The Hulk into a toddler throwing a tantrum.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:26 PM
Charter Member

I have to watch Ant Man, Black Panther and Dr. Strange and the last Thor movie.

When I was a kid, Marvel had Giant Man and the Wasp as a man and woman super hero team. I wonder if they are going to get worked into the universe too or maybe they didn't make the movie grade.

I thought Infinity War was pretty good.

There's also room to go "back in time" and do some more Captain America movies in the time frame before he got frozen. I remember in the comic books there was a lot of stories with Captain America and Bucky (in his red topped uniform) fighting together.

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage97 View Post
The one thing I didn't like about Ragnarok is that it made The Hulk into a toddler throwing a tantrum.

Yep he’s like a dimwit Neanderthal. A bit too silly.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:49 PM

Third Thor is one of the best. Black Panther is incredible. Also Winter Soldier is one of the best action movies ever made. Came out around the time of Sandy Hook. So the cultural commentary on safety vs freedom was quite timely.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
I have to watch Ant Man, Black Panther and Dr. Strange and the last Thor movie.

When I was a kid, Marvel had Giant Man and the Wasp as a man and woman super hero team. I wonder if they are going to get worked into the universe too or maybe they didn't make the movie grade.

I thought Infinity War was pretty good.

There's also room to go "back in time" and do some more Captain America movies in the time frame before he got frozen. I remember in the comic books there was a lot of stories with Captain America and Bucky (in his red topped uniform) fighting together.
The classic Marvel Comics Ant Man(Giant Man/Goliath) and the Wasp were Henry Pym (Ant Man, Yellow Jacket, Giant Man, Goliath) and Janet Van Dyne (Wasp).

When the MCEU decided to adapt Ant Man and bring him to the big screen, they decided to focus on Scott Lang (the second Ant Man) played by Paul Rudd and relegate the original Ant Man (Henry Pym) played by Michael Douglas to supporting cast status.

This was almost assuredly done to draw attention away from the long running domestic abuse story angle that has plagued the relationship in the comics between the original Ant Man and the original Wasp. Disney didn’t want a boycott, so they decided not to feature Pym, even though he is the more well known Ant Man. This was probably a good idea.

Ant Man and The Wasp which is the follow up to Ant Man (and comes out later this summer) is set before the events of Infinity War, and although Ant Man and Wasp were not in Infinity War, they will probably be in Avengers 4, next summer.

It is unlikely that there will be more Captain America movies featuring Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Cap. Evans’ contract is up after Avengers 4, and it is unlikely that they will want to throw RDJ level money at Evans for s solo movie (RDJ May make as much as $200 million for Avengers: Infinity War). It is more likely that the Captain America mantle will be passed to Bucky or Even The Red Falcon.

Last edited by posternutbag; 05-17-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:02 PM

What about Capt. Marvel? Have no clue who or what he is.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage97 View Post
What about Capt. Marvel? Have no clue who or what he is.

Next movie coming out and it's a she lol
Old 05-18-2018, 11:25 AM

Kinda related but we saw Deadpool 2 last night. It was a ton of fun! Even my wife loved it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic