The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 06-13-2022, 09:32 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Default Price reduction on Rode NT1!!!

There has been a 29% price reduction on the Rode NT1 (the newer, darker colored version) making it about the same price as the Rode NT1A (the silver one) at most big box stores. Hurrah! We've got both at the studio where I work and I can say that the NT1 (dark) strikes me as a flatter, smoother mic.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 06-13-2022, 10:38 AM

I wish they were more careful with their naming.

I have the original NT1 (white body) before they improved that one with lower self-noise circuitry, which was labeled the NT1-a. Now they drop the "a" and go back to the original NT1 label, which would NOT be the same as my NT1.
Old 06-13-2022, 12:36 PM
Charter Member

I’ve also been confused by the A/no-A naming. But with two NT-1A mics, I’m not about to go chasing the other one. When I bought my first one, Rode was saying the A stood for Anniversary. I’ve never seen that claim repeated since then.

In any case, the NT-1As suit my needs well. I’ve recently relegated them to vocals, since picking up a pair of sE8 small-diaphragm condensers for acoustic. But I can see using the Rodes for hand claps and shakers and the like, where I can live with more of the room.
2019 Martin D-18, LR Baggs Element VTC
2021 Gibson 50s J-45 Original, LR Baggs Element VTC

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD