The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 05-30-2022, 04:09 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-utim View Post
Why wasn’t a pic of your flame casein included?. My favorite tortoiseshell alternative.
D-utim, thanks for taking the time to post and for your kind words. Actually, it was. They just put the model number instead of the name, plus took their own photos rather than the ones I sent them from our website (I wasn't about to object LOL). The translucent casein patterns, like the flame and the standard faux casein design, look much brighter and better when backlit in a darkroom. It took us a few years to learn that ourselves. It's the third image down in the review, off to the right:

For you new folks, we've been making the artisan flame casein models for more than four years now, and almost everyone holds that same opinion as D-utim here, including myself. In my case, I had played genuine TS picks for more than thirty years, then spent two decades looking for a legal replacement. When I found casein I was likely as close as I'd ever get.

For those of you who've been looking for the ultimate in acoustic tone, your journey isn't complete until you play a high-quality casein pick -- and I say this not as a vendor or AGF Sponsor but as a player. The one pictured above is the number #1 selling model in our company for a very good reason.

Here's what a good one sounds like. This is Michael Peter Smith's legendary song "The Dutchman," being played by me on a relatively inexpensive Eastman slope dread straight into a Shure mic, no pickup.

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 05-30-2022 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-30-2022, 05:03 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-utim View Post
Why wasn’t a pic of your flame casein included?. My favorite tortoiseshell alternative.
D-utim, thanks for taking the time to post and for your kind words. Actually, it was. They just put the model number instead of the name, plus took their own photos rather than the ones I sent them from our website (I wasn't about to object LOL). The translucent casein patterns, like the flame and the standard faux casein design, look much brighter and better when backlit in a darkroom. It took us a few years to learn that ourselves. It's the third image down in the review, off to the right:

Immediately to the right of the image in the review, they had this to say about the flame tri (and the blue too):

For you new folks, we've been making the artisan flame casein models for more than four years now, and almost everyone holds that same opinion as D-utim here, including myself. In my case, I had played genuine TS picks for more than thirty years, then spent two decades looking for a legal replacement. When I found casein I was likely as close as I'd ever get.

For those of you who've been looking for the ultimate in acoustic tone, your journey isn't complete until you play a high-quality casein pick -- and I say this not as a vendor or AGF Sponsor but as a player. The one pictured above is the number #1 selling model in our company for a very good reason.

Here's what a good one sounds like. This is Michael Peter Smith's legendary song "The Dutchman," being played by me on a relatively inexpensive Eastman slope dread straight into a Shure mic, no pickup.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace