The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-23-2022, 06:02 PM

Default Fishman Aura: Images & Auditioning

I have had the Fishman Aura Spectrum DI for years and have really only uploaded one or two images from the Fishman software. I don't even think they were guitar images, but instead ones for my mandolin.

With that said, I am looking to play around with the Aura to see if I can find a better image match for my guitar. I am just wondering, for those who have gotten into uploading images; is it possible to have the Aura plugged into the computer as well as a pa so that I can simply drag images onto the pedal and test them right away? I had always thought that it would be a tedious process of me uploading some new ones, unplugging the Aura, plugging it into the pa and trying this over and over. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2022, 07:05 AM

I don't know for certain if you can leave it connected, but I know that I didn't. I understand your comment about it seeming tedious, but my approach was to audition in batches. I have 6 guitars I wanted to use the Spectrum DI with, so I would just load up the 16 user slots with all images that met reasonable criteria for one of the guitars, then I would audition them in detail with headphones (trying to block out the acoustic sound). In the end I had a single preferred image for each guitar loaded in the user bank.

I limited myself to one for each so I wouldn't go nuts futzing with things after that initial investment of time. Close enough for rock-n-roll. I know there are some that say auditioning MANY images, including those that don't match your guitar type, results in the best match, but I opted to narrow the hunt for practical reasons.

- Douglas C.

1998 Larrivée C-09
1977 Gibson MK-35
2020 Breedlove Wildwood Concertina
2003 Guild JF30-12
Kremona Verea VA Crossover Nylon
2005 Rogue Biscuit Resonator
1960's Harmony Patrician Archtop
2008 Eastman AR810-7 Archtop
Old 06-24-2022, 08:54 AM

Thanks! I don't see why it would be a problem to do both at the same time, but I might ask Fishman first. I seem to remember seeing a Fishman demo of the pedal where the employee had the Aura hooked up to the computer as well as a pa, but I can't seem to find it.
Old 06-25-2022, 06:19 AM

Just go ahead and try it - you can't hurt anything.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification