The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 02-19-2021, 02:40 PM

Default Any unrealBook users here?

Hello fellow tablet users. Onsong is buggy lately and I am thinking of switching to another app. I use my iPad as a binder replacement to organize and display PDF files and make set lists. Onsong does so much more than what I need, making it needlessly complex for my application. unrealBook looks good as a simpler app. Some questions I have not been able to figure out by poking around on the web:
1. Does unrealBook allow you to add and sort by artist name, or only song title?
2. Related to #1, is there a way to import a library/book from OnSong, so as to pick up artist names?

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-19-2021, 06:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfa View Post
Hello fellow tablet users. Onsong is buggy lately and I am thinking of switching to another app. I use my iPad as a binder replacement to organize and display PDF files and make set lists. Onsong does so much more than what I need, making it needlessly complex for my application. unrealBook looks good as a simpler app. Some questions I have not been able to figure out by poking around on the web:
1. Does unrealBook allow you to add and sort by artist name, or only song title?
2. Related to #1, is there a way to import a library/book from OnSong, so as to pick up artist names?

Thanks for your help.
Hi gfa
Since it came out over a decade back I've used it.

I recommend sending an e-mail question to
https://unrealbook.uservoice.com

This is their FAQ and support page. Aron Nelson (the developer) has been very responsive to me over the years. Usually same day (sometimes same hour) responses.

UnrealBook only reads PDF files, so I'm pretty sure you could name/title songs with the artist's name added for finding them to build lists.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 02-20-2021, 12:27 PM

Thanks ljguitar. As best I can gather from the uservoice site, unrealBook does not support metadata (artist name, etc.).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write