The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-18-2021, 03:07 AM

Default K&K pure mini into HX Stomp

Hello<
I know this is an old post but I might get lucky. was anyone successful creating a patch direct from your acoustic through an HX Stomp into the board without an external preamp???

If so would you mind sending it to me. I hate to beg but I have spent so much time with this I'm thinking of getting a new guitar but I would hate to if that wasn't the issue. I need to know if this K&K is installed correctly. It looks 100%, I checked and triple check even sent pictures to K&K> My input level is sooooo low going into the stomp I have to boost it at least 75% higher than my Fender Strat or if I go out of my factory installed PIEZO output. (I Kept it installed) and there is too much air on the output. I have the input set to 1Mohm and no help>

Thank you sooo much!!

Gerry C
Old 02-18-2021, 07:32 AM
Charter Member

You can try different input impedances and boost the volume block at the end of the chain on that patch. Also use the parametric EQ to remove the low frequencies that cause feedback.
Old 02-20-2021, 05:50 AM
Charter Member

How does it perform when plugged into an acoustic amp? My hunch (and its only that) is that being designed principally for electric guitars, the HX may need more signal to work with. Lots of folks use red-eyes with the KKs, but Ive never found a need with fishman amps, pedals, etc. Never tried running a KK guitar through my hx effects.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 02-21-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
You can try different input impedances and boost the volume block at the end of the chain on that patch. Also use the parametric EQ to remove the low frequencies that cause feedback.
Hi
Do you mean on the input on the Stomp. I saw somewhere to set it to 1Mohm. But I did try them all. No BIG difference between them unfortunately. Was hoping for an "aha" moment. More like an "uggh" moment.
G
Old 02-21-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
How does it perform when plugged into an acoustic amp? My hunch (and its only that) is that being designed principally for electric guitars, the HX may need more signal to work with. Lots of folks use red-eyes with the KKs, but Ive never found a need with fishman amps, pedals, etc. Never tried running a KK guitar through my hx effects.
Never tried it through an amp, but I intended to use it through my p.a.. Had to raise the trim WAY up on my board. The K&K preamp helped, but direct, no way, lots of air and signal, if I accidentally unplugged my guitar I would knock everyone to the floor at the bar.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:42 PM
Charter Member

The lower impedances will cut the bass. I would just add a parametric EQ first. Do a low cut at 120 and cut some mids. The turn the volume of that block up. Have that block at the very end. It will work fine.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification