The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-02-2016, 08:32 PM

Nobody else who might be interested in sunburst and satin finish?
Old 09-02-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2guitar_eh View Post
Nobody else who might be interested in sunburst and satin finish?
Satin? Yes.

Sunburst? No.

I don't dislike bursts but I never have seriously gassed over one. On some guitars I actually prefer a satin finish over gloss, but sometimes I could go the other way. Some guitars just look fantastic in gloss.

I know. I'm weird.

Last edited by steelvibe; 09-03-2016 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:06 PM

I prefer satin always.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:17 PM

I've tried several travel guitars. I like the Voyage Airs and kept my dread 04 and 06 for campfire guitars, but they were very risky on commuter flights as they really did not fit in the overhead compartments and I was almost forced to check them a couple of times. I sort of got one pushed under a seat on one flight and an attendant was kind enough to put it in an empty row of seats on another. But taking the VAs on board added a good bit of stress.

I next tried the Emerald X5 Life. Loved the full scale neck, but the action was never quite as low as I thought it should have been and there was not enough saddle height to take it lower. More than that though, it sounded pretty anemic acoustically. Perhaps the newer version with the short scale neck sounds a lot better. Plugged in it was fabulous.

Sold that when I bought a Journey OF660 carbon fiber. Easily fits in overhead bins and sounds really great acoustically. Very satisfying. The pickup requires some eq and a preamp unfortunately, but it's worth bringing the little extra box when needed. It sounds good enough to use as a couch guitar at home. I'm extremely pleased with it so far.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:16 PM

Default cool video from Adrian Bellue on OF660

Hey Guys,

I thought this pertinent to this conversation, though I'll post it as an individual thread. I just got this killer video from Adrian Bellue on our OF660 if you want to see the overall playability/tone and how travelable it is.

- Rob
1950s Martin Baritone Uke
A prototype of something you're likely to drool over.

9 yr old boy learning drums, 5 yr old girl who likes to groove with the beat, a music-loving toddler, 1 patient and amazing wife.
Old 09-24-2016, 12:14 AM
Charter Member

As I posted in another thread absolutely love this video really great job guys.....

Todd in Chicago

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2016, 10:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Are you liking it? The tone, the feel, the neck? The convenience?

I've recently been interested in this guitar and was hoping some owners could justify my recent CF gas.
I just picked up this guitar so I don't have a ton of time with it although I did own one of the wood models some time back. The CF model is MUCH better sounding, especially plugged in.

I just put up a NGD in the main section with a demo video with my opinions and the guitar being played amplified. Here's a direct link:

NGD: Journey Overhead OF660 CF with demo video

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber