The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-22-2016, 11:43 PM
Charter Member

I purchased a Blackbird El Capitan without ever having the ability to play one...anticipation builds as it should be done in a few weeks. I got most of the options on it, so really looking forward to it.

I also have a Journey OF660 that I bought without trying before, and I love that guitar...

Todd in Chicago

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2016, 09:03 AM
Guest 928

Chicago;

Congratulations on your purchase of the El Capitan--I look forward to your future reports.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTL View Post
What was it about the Lucky 13? And did you try their OM along with the Lucky 13? Thanks.
Hey PTL
I did play a sample of the super OM. It was an older version and the neck had way to much relief and the saddle was shaved down. When I Spoke to Joe from black bird about this he new the store and new that it had been hanging in the window for years, and despite the structural integrity of carbon fiber, years of direct sun light will take its toll. I also did not like the esthetic of the super Om

But the lucky just had an enchanting sound that was reminiscent of a quality wood guitar.
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old 07-23-2016, 11:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
I purchased a Blackbird El Capitan without ever having the ability to play one...anticipation builds as it should be done in a few weeks. I got most of the options on it, so really looking forward to it.

I also have a Journey OF660 that I bought without trying before, and I love that guitar...

Todd in Chicago

I just watched a YouTube vid on how they make them. Fascinating!!!. And the sound was fantastic. I Look forward to hearing about how you like it.
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old 07-23-2016, 01:07 PM

Todd, you are going to like El Capitan. It is a really nice guitar.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:25 PM
Charter Member

Earl49, Mbroady - thx. Really looking forward to it, I've heard so many good things...can't wait!

Old 07-23-2016, 05:55 PM

My Adamas is not a full CF guitar but probably the "granddaddy" of CF guitars - well I never played or even saw on in person but always was intrigued by them, but when one came up used in Canada around last xmas time I just bought it ... and now it's my favourite 6-string, so easy to play, great sound, and no worries to take outside regardless if it's afternoon heat or cooling down to midnight. And yeah I just love looking at it too.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:57 PM

Oh, can't wait to hear about the El Capitan, it looks amazing, and though I love my Rainsong, I could see myself selling it to move to the Capitan, and I was just thinking that I hadn't seen any reviews on here at all. What I really need is a used market to show up, but seems like that's a ways off...
Old 07-23-2016, 06:15 PM
Guest 928

Merlin;

A beautiful guitar, a piece of art and a fine instrument. Thank you for the picture. I always liked the Adamas (we have one in the village). An I really like Ovation necks, sweet.

But not quite the grandparent of composite instruments. I think the Macaferri (no doubt spelled wrong) was the first serious explorer of alternatives to wood.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
I had an all too brief chance to play a prototype a couple years ago - was quite taken with it, look forward to pics! And samples! And videos!
Herrmann Weissenborn
Recording King RP-10
Recording King RG-35-SN Lapsteel
Maton 425 12-string
ESP 400 series telecaster
Eastman T485
Deering Americana Banjo
My Youtube
Old 07-23-2016, 11:16 PM
Charter Member

Thanks MBroady.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber