The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 08:38 PM

Default Rainsong/trussrod

The Classic series are still listed w/o trussrod. Mine, from 2001, doesn't have one. No problems, whatsoever.

Duplicate post, sorry.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:05 PM

Interesting thread. I'm not used to seeing opinions on this furum split in two such distinctly opposite and spirited camps. I'm used to reading alot of...it depends on this and that type posts. I'm not going anywhere with this post, just making an observation.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:43 PM

My uncle had a bluetick hound. Every time he tried to put a medium sized collar on him,the old dog would bow up....Finally he figured out that this dog was meant to be fitted with a light collar....They both lived happily ever after....
Old 12-17-2010, 10:10 PM

Location: Not where I thought I was going, but probably where I need to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemich66 View Post
My uncle had a bluetick hound. Every time he tried to put a medium sized collar on him,the old dog would bow up....Finally he figured out that this dog was meant to be fitted with a light collar....They both lived happily ever after....
Well, either there was nothing wrong with trying to fit the dog with the medium collar and their was something wrong with the dog, or the medium collar didn't fit the dog and he did better when the collar was a correct fit.

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
Henry Van Dyke

"It is in the world of slow time that truth and art are found as one"
Norman Maclean,
Old 12-17-2010, 10:11 PM

This one is going to the dogs....
Old 12-17-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorplayer View Post
This one is going to the dogs....
It seems that every CA topic ends up concentrating on the Cargo which was their best seller and is the only model anyone seems to miss. But discussing the Cargo is guaranteed to bring out Larry Pattis to argue what all was wrong with that model so we end up with a circular conversation. So Larry, if I may, you have made your concerns abut the Cargo known, maybe it's time to let it go.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Humanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilstev View Post
It seems that every CA topic ends up concentrating on the Cargo which was their best seller and is the only model anyone seems to miss. But discussing the Cargo is guaranteed to bring out Larry Pattis to argue what all was wrong with that model so we end up with a circular conversation. So Larry, if I may, you have made your concerns abut the Cargo known, maybe it's time to let it go.

Now that's pretty funny.

This is a "discussion" forum, is it not?

Perhaps those that are perfectly happy with their Cargo guitars should cease and desist, since we already know how happy they are?

P.S. Anyone that wants to gaze longingly at themselves in the mirror, offering congratulations about the perfection of their Cargo guitar is welcome to do so. I won't tell them to do otherwise. Sorry if my perspective is uncomfortable to you.
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner

Last edited by Larry Pattis; 12-18-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:28 AM

Larry, took you only three minutes to respond to my post, that has to be a record even for you. Do you get pager alerts?
Old 12-18-2010, 12:58 AM

Location: Not where I thought I was going, but probably where I need to be.

Deleted post. Getting tired.

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
Henry Van Dyke

"It is in the world of slow time that truth and art are found as one"
Norman Maclean,

Last edited by Jeff M; 12-18-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff M View Post
. . . . . . . . . . What with Ricks history of developing carbon fiber guitar technology, the fact that Rainsong installs truss rods on their instruments, . . . . . . . . .
Just to mention that Emerald Guitars also incorporates truss rods in some of their models and have responded well to custom requests by customers.

I've never read technically how either Emerald and Rainsong do this but would love to read any articles someone may have found (if they exist) specifically regarding carbon fiber guitar necks. Can someone guide me to this info? Thanks.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:08 AM

I think this one had gone far enough....

Thread Closed!

Darrel
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber