The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-18-2020, 09:02 PM

How about a regional network of owners willing to show off their personal instrument?
Old 10-19-2020, 10:04 AM

Doc, that has been discussed before, although searching just now did not produce the thread(s) that I remember. I have often volunteered here to let anyone coming to me (or reasonably near) me test out anything that I own. I would let Emerald provide my email so that a prospective buyer could share contact information. That would be the end of Emerald's involvement. I have even sent them an email offering to do just this. They would not divulge anything like addresses or phone numbers, just connect the current owner and the potential new buyer via email.

Emerald operates under the new UK data privacy laws (I forget the name of the act) which are quite strict about sharing personal information. Plus someone at Emerald needs to compile, coordinate, and maintain that list. It is not a zero effort thing from Donegal's POV. Perhaps a better way to approach this concept is a thread here proposing demo meet-ups among interested AGF members.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Plus someone at Emerald needs to compile, coordinate, and maintain that list. It is not a zero effort thing from Donegal's POV.
Emerald is hiring suggesting they need more sales staff to move more instruments. There are many ways to approach this. You and Doc have excellent suggestions, but there's opportunity here for the savvy business.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 10-20-2020, 12:09 AM

Default So you’ve been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Doc, that has been discussed before, although searching just now did not produce the thread(s) that I remember. I have often volunteered here to let anyone coming to me (or reasonably near) me test out anything that I own. I would let Emerald provide my email so that a prospective buyer could share contact information. That would be the end of Emerald's involvement. I have even sent them an email offering to do just this. They would not divulge anything like addresses or phone numbers, just connect the current owner and the potential new buyer via email.

Emerald operates under the new UK data privacy laws (I forget the name of the act) which are quite strict about sharing personal information. Plus someone at Emerald needs to compile, coordinate, and maintain that list. It is not a zero effort thing from Donegal's POV. Perhaps a better way to approach this concept is a thread here proposing demo meet-ups among interested AGF members.
You’ve put a lot of thought into this. I agree. Have them introduce themselves on the sight. We’ll overwhelm them with welcome. We can private them if we feel comfortable. Meet at a neutral place. Panera bread, early hours opening of a mall.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:17 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
Emerald is hiring suggesting they need more sales staff to move more instruments. There are many ways to approach this. You and Doc have excellent suggestions, but there's opportunity here for the savvy business.
Its because chloe is leaving the team!
Old 10-20-2020, 10:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgavy View Post
That was my guess, as she hasn’t done a shipping video for a while.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 10-20-2020, 10:23 AM

Those will be hard shoes to fill. A cute red headed gal who showcases those masterpieces like the Vanna White of carbon guitars?

I'm guessing that disqualifies most of us...I've seen what you guys look like
Old 10-20-2020, 06:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgavy View Post
First Simon and now Chloe. UGHHHHH
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 10-20-2020, 06:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarDoc View Post
You’ve put a lot of thought into this. I agree. Have them introduce themselves on the sight. We’ll overwhelm them with welcome. We can private them if we feel comfortable. Meet at a neutral place. Panera bread, early hours opening of a mall.
I tried to sell Emerald on this idea a while ago but never heard back....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber