The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 11-08-2010, 01:45 PM

Default m audio solaris

I have a chance to pick up a matched pair of Solaris in the box with shock mounts for $200 localy. Has anyone here used one before? It sounds like a good deal if they sound halfway decent. I don't have any mics right now. Id be useing them to record acoustic guitar and vocals
Old 11-09-2010, 12:16 PM

I use an M-Audio Solaris as my sole vocal mic for recording. I love it. For a number of years, I also used it for guitar, but recently picked up a pair of Pulsar IIs for that purpose. It was fine as a guitar mic, but, to me, seems more suited for vocals. With a stereo pair, it may even be better.

I've also used it as the rear mic for recording cajon and recording conga. It's a very good all-around mic. As with any mic, how it works for you is going to be determined a LOT by your vocal style and the timbre of your voice (same goes for guitar), but my opinion is that, at that price, you really can't go wrong. You could easily sell EACH of them for that price if you're unhappy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD