The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-19-2020, 04:47 PM

Default Trying to figure out the value of my David Wilcox Rainsong

I purchased it about 10 years back and started taking lessons for a couple of years. Determined that I had no natural ability and decided to move on to another hobby. Kept in case my daughters wanted to learn to play and they haven't used it either.

It is in excellent condition with the original case, and all manuals, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Link to info about the guitar:

http://mandoweb.com/Instruments/Rain...id-Wilcox/2460

Last edited by Kerbie; 10-19-2020 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Not allowed by the rules.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyTuna View Post
I purchased it about 10 years back and started taking lessons for a couple of years. Determined that I had no natural ability and decided to move on to another hobby. Kept in case my daughters wanted to learn to play and they haven't used it either.

Maybe contact RainSong with your S/N? They are great people.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyTuna View Post

Did a quick Google search and found a couple available for $2500-$2800. Holding value pretty well, actually.

You might place an ad in the Classifieds here at AGF. It could do well, especially this limited edition model.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:23 AM
Charter Member

To back up the range in the last post, I was considering the purchase of a used Wilcox sig in great shape four or five years ago at $2650. I passed because it would have been a remote purchase, I like wider string spacing at the saddle, and never had a chance to play one.
The guitar definitely has some nice features.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:42 PM

I cannot help with the value other than web searching. The last concert we saw before the world closed up was David Wilcox in a nice dinner theater here in Boise last February. It was a great show and had been quite a long time since the classes I took with him at Acoustic Alaska Guitar Camp (year #2). I appreciate all the well-considered tweaks he did to his signature model.

GLWS - good luck with sale. You might consider becoming a Charter Member so that you can post a classified ad. AGF is a target-rich environment when it comes to carbon fiber.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber