The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-12-2004, 03:33 PM

Default Intersting humidity observations

I have two Taylors, each with a Dampit and a Radio Shack Wireless humidistat. They normally run about the same in case humidity, which is about 10% better than the house. For example the house is currently 37% and my 810 is at 47%. Here is the odd part. One week ago, I got a replacement case for my 814. I expected it to be dry, so I let it stabilize empty for a couple of days. Rather than being dry, it read about 65%. After two days, I put my 814 in it and after one week it is still at ~60%. Thinking my humidistat had broke, I switched them and within minutes the readings reversed, that is the new case was still 60%. Here is the odd thing, the 814 in the new case (at 60%) has developed a string buzz in that week, indicating dryness. All very counter intuitive. I'm not too concerned, just a puzzling situation
Formerly ITArchitect

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification