Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-06-2021, 09:22 AM

up for the weekend...
Old 03-16-2021, 12:44 PM

back up one more time...
Old 03-16-2021, 05:50 PM
Charter Member

Default L-35

Drives me nuts every time I look at this ad (and I look often, just for the buzz)
Isn't there some collector out there? "If i was a cowboy, I'd have myself a pony ...) and I'd sure as hell have this guitar
It'll stay around until the day before I have the money. For your sake, I hope not.
But a truly remarkable looking instrument. And the builder knows how to build a fine instrument ... I hear. GLWS
Old 03-16-2021, 06:11 PM

Default agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tired fingers View Post
Drives me nuts every time I look at this ad (and I look often, just for the buzz)
Isn't there some collector out there? "If i was a cowboy, I'd have myself a pony ...) and I'd sure as hell have this guitar
It'll stay around until the day before I have the money. For your sake, I hope not.
But a truly remarkable looking instrument. And the builder knows how to build a fine instrument ... I hear. GLWS
but its alot of money for a guitar you never heard. other flammang models are available to listen on the web but this guitar is a singular custom job, that makes it unique and very cool but also a mystery. its hard enough to buy a guitar you never played.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisan View Post
but its alot of money for a guitar you never heard. other flammang models are available to listen on the web but this guitar is a singular custom job, that makes it unique and very cool but also a mystery. its hard enough to buy a guitar you never played.

David Flammang is a fabulous guitar builder... his Gibson repros are fantastic and he works magic with mahogany...Rather then sounding off negatively about no sound sample, Id just ask for a 48hr approval.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbintegrity View Post
David Flammang is a fabulous guitar builder... his Gibson repros are fantastic and he works magic with mahogany...Rather then sounding off negatively about no sound sample, Id just ask for a 48hr approval.
i know by all accounts Mr. Flammang is a great builder. not meaning to sound negative. just offering a theory as to why this beautiful guitar has not sold already.
i think either a sound clip or offering a 48hr approval would help this seller.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisan View Post
The majority of guitars I've purchased online have been without hearing what they sounded like before I got them in hand. And most all the time they were exactly what I was expecting. There's not as much mystery as you might think when you pair a fine builder with top quality woods. Those things usually make a winning combination. I know there are lots of buyers out there who would never buy a guitar without hearing it or playing it in person, and you are entitled to that opinion. I do think you are missing out on some fine guitars that way. I would venture a guess that most of those buyers don't hang out here on the classifieds, or if they do they are just "tire kickers". If someone is seriously interested I'd be glad to do a face time with a sound demo and look over.

As for the other comments thanks for the remarks. David Flammang builds wonderful guitars. This is not the first I've owned, and I have another now that is a definite keeper. That's why I'm willing to move this one. For now it's still available and I think you would be very pleased with it.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:02 AM

I have never understood the whole sound sample obsession. I have heard stunning music made by good players on simple and low cost guitars. Point being that one can not tell anything from a sound sample. A good guitar (like this one) will sound good but it won't be able to be discerned from one guitar to another. Or at least to my ears and I have played a lot of guitars. I have done deals with this seller and he honestly represents the instruments that he is selling.

Good seller - Great builder - one of a kind specs. It's an heirloom guitar for someone.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars