The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-30-2021, 04:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
Are there electronics? I had an issue with a new guitar buzzing whenever I played an F note or certain E’s and I was getting frustrated because the action was higher than I like and I couldn’t see any possible way of fret buzz. It turned out to be the battery pack. The buzz came from the sound hole only but taking the battery pack out and back in fixed it. Every once in a while if something gets jarred the buzz can start again so I just reset the battery pack and it’s gone.
I'm going to try checking the battery pack. I have that problem when I play the G note, 5th above guitar middle C, anywhere on the fretboard.

As for the saddle height, the one in the picture is taller than I usually keep mine. I have also had success fixing buzz by adjusting the truss rod.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_russell View Post
I'm going to try checking the battery pack. I have that problem when I play the G note, 5th above guitar middle C, anywhere on the fretboard.

As for the saddle height, the one in the picture is taller than I usually keep mine. I have also had success fixing buzz by adjusting the truss rod.
The springs that hold the battery vibrate. I just need to keep a battery in the slot or use a cloth to dampen the spring vibration. Thanks again!
Old 05-14-2021, 01:03 PM

Default low saddle

Not to brag or anything...but THIS is a too low saddle:
too low saddle.jpg

-BK in BWA
Old 05-15-2021, 01:09 PM

The saddle looks fine. Since you live in a dry climate I suggest you first heavily humidify the guitar and its case for a couple of weeks. See You Tube for homemade ways. Then use ordinary means to keep them normally humid. A humid case will provide a clean stable environment for the guitar every night.

That may or may not eliminate the buzz as there are many possible causes. But humidity is a basic requirement. - Stevo

Last edited by ssynhorst; 05-15-2021 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-15-2021, 03:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKinBWa View Post
Not to brag or anything...but THIS is a too low saddle:
Attachment 56567

-BK in BWA
Why is that too low? Strings still above the bridge.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fts06 View Post
Thanks a lot for the answers! I'm asking because I hear buzzing a little bit even though the neck relief is fine.
A little bit buzz is normal on guitars, could also be your technique, but i wouldn´t worry about it. Probably no need to take it apart or spend money on a guitar technican, just play the thing and be happy :-)
Old 05-15-2021, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fts06 View Post
I don't really know how much buzz is acceptable for acoustics.
Opinions vary, but generally none, zero.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion