The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 08-10-2014, 01:22 PM

Default Strings for Yamaha CG150SA

Hi

Can anyone tell me which strings to put on this guitar. Yamaha CG150SA. Bought to try a few classical pieces. Mainly I play steel string. Saw this guitar on Ebay and an offer of £85 was accepted. Lovely looking guitar with perfect intonation but needs new strings and as as a newbie to classical guitars I wouldn't have a clue. Action is just under 4mm at the 12th low E. Is that about right? Tuners seem a little cheap but work fine. Any suggestions or guidance welcome.

Regards

Bunny
Old 08-10-2014, 07:27 PM

I think that these would be a safe overall bet. I would suggest to steer clear of Aquila Alabastro, whose trebles were dryish/dull on my solid tops, if perfect for my laminate topped Yamaha:

D'Addario EJ45C ("C" stands for an extra #3 string, a composite, just in case the nylon string is a dog for your guitar)
D'AddarioEXP46
Old 08-11-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax Burgess View Post
I think that these would be a safe overall bet. I would suggest to steer clear of Aquila Alabastro, whose trebles were dryish/dull on my solid tops, if perfect for my laminate topped Yamaha:

D'Addario EJ45C ("C" stands for an extra #3 string, a composite, just in case the nylon string is a dog for your guitar)
D'AddarioEXP46
Great and thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Bunny

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical