The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 04-23-2018, 05:32 PM

Default LR Baggs anthem

I am going to be installing an Anthem in my guitar. The endpin jack has already been drilled and a pilot hole in the bass side of the bridge for the undersaddle transducer. does anyone have any tips for installing? i am a little nervous but confident.
PRS CE-24 Semi-Hollow
Old 04-23-2018, 06:02 PM

If those things are done it should be pretty straight forward. If it is a full Anthem, not the SL, make sure the soundhole brace is under 1/8" thick since the preamp will need to go over it, and use a mirror to make sure the mic doesn't hit the string ball ends.

The only difficulty I have had is getting the wire clips secured to the sides to keep the wires from coming loose later on (though if anyone else has a foolproof way of securing wires I would be all ears).

Kent
Old 04-23-2018, 06:28 PM

Very nice system, I install them regularly.

Obtain some superglue gel, the Microphone with its weight has a tendency to fall of the soundboard bride plate, using the gel superglue gives it better adhesion. Sometimes I will also glue the controller to the underside of the sound hole as well, as it falls of occasionally too.

The rest is pretty straight forward

For the wire clips, wrap them on the cable, pre system install to the guitar, lift part of the corner of the protective coating, and using some masking tape attach to that lifted protective covering, when installing, you just pull the masking tape of which reveals the tacky surface and push it straight onto the surface you are trying to attach too.

Steve
Maton Messiah
Taylor 814CE
Old 04-23-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirwa View Post
Very nice system, I install them regularly.

Obtain some superglue gel, the Microphone with its weight has a tendency to fall of the soundboard bride plate, using the gel superglue gives it better adhesion. Sometimes I will also glue the controller to the underside of the sound hole as well, as it falls of occasionally too.

The rest is pretty straight forward

For the wire clips, wrap them on the cable, pre system install to the guitar, lift part of the corner of the protective coating, and using some masking tape attach to that lifted protective covering, when installing, you just pull the masking tape of which reveals the tacky surface and push it straight onto the surface you are trying to attach too.

Steve
I apologize Steve, i dont think i understand what you mean about the masking tape. everything else seems straight forward. i put an anthem in my martin and didn't have issues specifically with things falling out.
PRS CE-24 Semi-Hollow
Old 04-24-2018, 12:17 AM

The masking tape was in reference to kents query regarding the location of the wiring support tabs

Steve
Maton Messiah
Taylor 814CE

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair