The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-20-2020, 11:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
Well, Steve....I guess thank you is in order. I made an offer and the new Duo Jet you sent me pics of will be here sometime this week or, early next week. It’s a good thing I have you to blame when my wife see another NGD. At least this one was WAY cheaper than the 6128T-TV.
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Old 02-24-2020, 10:57 PM
Charter Member

It’s been a few weeks and I’m still absolutely blown away with this Gretsch. The TV Jones pickups are very, very articulate, the neck is very comfortable, and the fit and finish is excellent. No surprise there considering how well all Gretsch guitars are made.

The Gotoh locking tuners are smooth, and make string changes a breeze. This is a real plus on a Bigsby equipped guitar, although having owned so many I do have a pretty good system down.

Since acquiring it I’ve sold my Green 5622, and my 2 5620’s have seen little attention. While the Korean made 5600 series is phenomenal, and, I have a lot of love and respect for them, the 6128 is on another level.

The ONLY thing that I felt it needed (and really should’ve come with from the factory imo) was a treble bleed. So, I bought a kit from TV Jones. Now, it’s a perfect fit for me. The stock wiring is very neatly done, and the components they used are of good quality. Again, superb craftsmanship.

I have ZERO regrets in selling my J-45 standard, or my 5622. I’ve owned more guitars and gear then I can count. Both acoustics and electrics, amps, and pedals. If I had to guess I’d say that I’ve easily owned 100+ guitars in 38 years of playing. It’s such a nice feeling to have narrowed down my gear to what I use. Nothing in cases, boxes, or covered in a corner.

Maybe it’s that I’m getting older and have grown tired of so many coming in and going out, shipping, and all that goes with it.

Whatever it is... I am pleased. There’s a real sense of fulfillment. That in itself is miraculous lol.

Thanks for reading. Play on in good health!
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars