The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-06-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairpuller View Post
He's still waiting for that addy to open up.
scott
That was worthy of a chuckle!!
Old 02-06-2020, 04:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Ellis View Post
Don't care for it, personally and think there's a lot of advertising hype involved. The stock ('whatever it is') top on my 2014 000-18 is just fine for me and the Sitka top on my Brook Torridge also sounds great. I really don't care what kind of top it is as long as it sounds good TO ME. The miniscule difference between the sound of 3 different types of spruce gets lost when you also factor in pick material, string type and gauge, room size and shape and number of audience members present. I don't really understand people spending a bunch of time researching and discussing this kind of stuff, but that's just me.......YMMV, of course.
I think in the end it really comes down to the individual piece of source, regardless of species. I do love Adirondack, however. When properly worked, it doesn’t need any extra time to open up - at least I’ve never experienced it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion