The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-15-2011, 07:22 PM

Default Anyone Tried the Relativepitch Iphone App?

Downloaded the free version today and made it through the lessons quickly and easily. I don't understand how this will help me to transcribe what I hear though. Will it come to me if I do the next lessons? Is paying for the full version of this app worth it? Thanks guys.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:22 AM

How many lessons have you done? I just downloaded it and tried it for a couple of them.

The more you do it the more you will be able to identify changes in pitch, and identify different notes etc. Making it easier to transcribe music for yourself.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:32 PM

Hey there Ollie,

I've done all the lessons on the free version. What do you think of it so far?
Old 03-18-2011, 03:57 AM

Have just now finished the free version too. To be honest I think it's pretty good, contemplating whether it's worth spending £5 on the full version though, I suppose if used enough it would be. Shame it doesn't do a bit more than just all the sounds through an octave.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:36 AM

@ Fingerstylist I haven't tried but I surely will. In terms of audio lessons for developing relative & perfect pitch, I tried David Lucas Burge's course and it was really helpful, it made me become aware of the way I perceived notes/sounds and realize what images/states of mind/feelings I associated them with.

Now I can tell without doubt that's it's a C or an A or whatever that I hear and I can decompose a chord as I hear it, becoming aware of each of the notes comprised in it. I also have a better sense of pitch and the distance between two notes.

I think you should really go for it and do as much as you can for developing your musical hearing.

Rock on!
Old 03-18-2011, 01:24 PM

Right on the full version there are 3 difficulties to each level, after getting 20/20 once you can use notes from multiple octaves, and after 20/20 on that you can get the notes played at the same time etc.

Seems pretty good to be honest!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD